Fred in France

Home of Welsford's Cochrane Lane Cliffs.

Moderators: PeterA, chossmonkey, Stacey, Dom, granite_grrl, Greg, Joe

Fred in France

Postby Guest » Sun Apr 03, 2005 5:04 pm

just wondering how Fred's trip to France was? please let me know when the photos are up on his site. thanks, kate

Postby martha » Sun Apr 03, 2005 8:09 pm

he's home tomorrow. YIPPPEEEEE.

i'm sure he'll be putting up pictures etc on tuesday.

he injured himself early on, and had some bad weather. but i think he still had a great time.
The phrase "working mother" is redundant. ~Jane Sellman

If a husband speaks in the woods, and his wife is not there to hear him...is he still wrong?
martha

fred in France

Postby shannon » Mon Apr 04, 2005 5:13 pm

Hey Martha,

I trust you made it home safely from Charlottetown. Great to hear it. Did you get out on monday?

shannon
shannon

Postby Fred » Mon Apr 04, 2005 8:07 pm

Kate,
i've got 13 rolls of 24 exposures to develop and about 400 digital photos too. It will probably take me a while to sieve through them but I'll try to get them up soon.

I think I dislocated my shoulder on my 3rd day climbing on a two week trip. Yup! That sucks... but I was able to climb after that when the pain went away but alas... pop goes the shoulder not once more but twice more. The sound of tearing flesh under your skin is quite disturbing. lol blah

I'll have more details later but it was a great trip with the best guide ever.
I want to go to hell... there's probably lots of rock to climb there.
Fred
Site Admin

Postby mitchleblanc » Mon Apr 04, 2005 8:16 pm

Dude! Hurry up with those pics! (sound of whip cracking)
Bouldering is a dish best served cold.
mitchleblanc

Postby Guest » Tue Apr 05, 2005 4:21 am

"I'll have more details later but it was a great trip with the best guide ever."

T'entends?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Postby tracstarr » Tue Apr 05, 2005 6:47 am

dude, that sucks! making me cringe thinking of it!
tracstarr

Postby Fred » Tue Apr 05, 2005 1:24 pm

Anonymous wrote:"I'll have more details later but it was a great trip with the best guide ever."

T'entends?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"t'entend"... Our favorite quote from the trip... which could only mean guest=(the best guide ever)

Mot a ta mere.
Fred
Site Admin

Postby Guest » Thu Apr 07, 2005 8:37 pm

did you get to climb in les Calanques? that's a gorgeous area. how was the weather in Font? no doubt the slopers were in perfect sticky condition. I'm very jealous. can't wait to get back there...

waiting impatiently for your photos...:) kate

Postby Fred » Thu Apr 07, 2005 9:46 pm

Yup. climbed two days in les Calanques. we did a route up "Le socle de la Candelle" and wanted to do l'arete de Marseille but we found out a bit too late that you needed two ropes for rapping off. So we headed to "La Paroi des toits" for the rest of the day and the next day.

I found most of the stuff to be like bolted trad climbing except for the steep overhanging stuff at "la paroie des toit"

Did you climb at "En Veau" Looked amazing but we didn't get to it since it started raining and we took advantage of the weather to move camp.
Fred
Site Admin

Postby Fred » Thu Apr 07, 2005 9:47 pm

I kid you not when I say that I took 457 digital photos and 13 rolls of 24 exposure and there are 'maybe'... maybe.... 10 that I think are ok

I've never been so disapointed in my photos. I feel like I'm back to square one in my photography skills.
Fred
Site Admin

Postby mitchleblanc » Thu Apr 07, 2005 11:16 pm

Hey man, don't worry about it. Just put them online.. I'm sure they're great. Hurry up. Hurry. Hurry up.
Bouldering is a dish best served cold.
mitchleblanc

Postby Guest » Fri Apr 08, 2005 5:52 pm

Fred, sorry to be pushy about putting your photos online - I hadn't realized that they didn't turn out well. :( Sean and I had a trip to the New like that once...only the photos of plant life and critters turned out well. oops. :oops: maybe it's a sign that you should go back. between the photo disaster and the injured shoulder, you definitely should try France again someday, and will surely have better luck!

I didn't climb at "En Veau" - is it an area in the Calanques, or a totally different area? I climbed at the Sugiton area of the Calanques when I was there. I remember being way too hot and going swimming in the Med after a day of climbing--and it was only March! crazy.

cheers,
kate

Postby Fred » Fri Apr 08, 2005 10:25 pm

En Veau is an area of les Calanques yes. We didn't make it there either but the photos look amazing.

The shoulder wasn't too bad for a few days so I did get to climb lots when we went to font but now that I'm done my trip I'm going to give it lots of time to heal to avoid really damaging something.

ttyl
Fred
Site Admin

Return to New Brunswick