conway this wknd!

Home of Welsford's Cochrane Lane Cliffs.

Moderators: PeterA, chossmonkey, Stacey, Dom, granite_grrl, Greg, Joe

conway this wknd!

Postby motanb » Mon Apr 14, 2008 5:19 pm

Hey everyone... just wanted to let you all know that I'll be in north Conway from friday april 18th thru 22nd. I'll be there with Toby. We have booked the eastern slope Inn resort for our stay (this is where the ems shop is); so if anyone else plans on heading down they are more than welcome to crash with us (probably on the floor) and enjoy the luxuries of civility apres climbing;-)(no fees necessary)

Looking forward to some fine trad in the Granite state!!

Thomas
Thomas

"When you get to the top.... Keep climbing"

~ JaphyRyder
motanb

Re: conway this wknd!

Postby Shawn B » Tue Apr 15, 2008 8:20 am

Tom
Be cautious what route you choose. With the lack of warm and a big rain this spring, there is still a lot of ice hanging around the tops of a lot of climbs. Check neclimbs.com forum or with the guys at ime to see what is safe from icefall from above. South buttress on whitehorse and humphreys i guess are good and parts of thin air face. If weather holds and i can get away, i might see you sat night. Central gully in huntington ravine is begging for a ski descent. Have fun.
Safety third!!!
Shawn B

Postby motanb » Tue Apr 15, 2008 12:38 pm

Thanx for the reminder on possible ice stil hanging around shawn;-) i'll def. check with the locals and scan the routes thouroughly prior to any climbing.
If you do make it down , make sure to find us at the eastern slope inn or at the crag. my cell is 639.5501

talk to you later,

Thomas
Thomas

~ JaphyRyder
motanb

Postby motanb » Fri Apr 18, 2008 5:18 pm

Hey friends... I am leaving for North Conway later this evening with Toby. We'll be staying at the Eastern Slope Inn (EMS is in the lobby) if anyone is in the area you should meet up and enjoy a bevy with us;-)
I plan on doing "The Last Unicorn" on Whitehorse. Has anyone been on this one? any beta...or does anyone have their own recommended routes we should seek out??

Hope everyone has a great weekend of climbing! Cheers!

Thomas
Thomas

~ JaphyRyder
motanb

Return to New Brunswick