Kit Kat 5.3 60'/N/T Gollum's Cave Area - requesting info

Home of Welsford's Cochrane Lane Cliffs.

Moderators: PeterA, chossmonkey, Stacey, Dom, granite_grrl, Greg, Joe

Re: Kit Kat 5.3 60'/N/T Gollum's Cave Area - requesting info

Postby cory » Thu May 01, 2008 3:50 pm

Bourgeois: If you're looking for someone to haul you up 5.6 choss, I've got a pretty slack schedule for the next while. Call me 64-PROTO

-Goodman
cory

Postby martha » Thu May 01, 2008 7:15 pm

Shawn B wrote:
And just to add how I remember not a whole long time ago a certain poster who replied above and who climbs kit kat in their boots (and who at the time could climb 5.10 or harder) wigged out on a 5.5 traderoute in North Conway on second. So just remember your past when posting and don't :oops: yourself or belittle what other people climb or how they climb.

Yup, that was me. it happens. we all get scared on route depending on the day. It happens to me all the time even still on lead or even on second. I never said that it didn't.

However, Andrew Isn't a beginner, and he can take a bit of harassment. just like we all can. I wasn't belittling, but rather trying to instill the fact that Kit Kat is a 5.3, and Andrew has led 5.7 or harder so to just step up and do it and not worry because he'll float it.
The phrase "working mother" is redundant. ~Jane Sellman

If a husband speaks in the woods, and his wife is not there to hear him...is he still wrong?
martha

Postby Adam » Fri May 02, 2008 9:09 am

Shawn B wrote:And just to add how I remember not a whole long time ago a certain poster who replied above and who climbs kit kat in their boots (and who at the time could climb 5.10 or harder) wigged out on a 5.5 traderoute in North Conway on second.

lol
Adam

Postby martha » Fri May 02, 2008 9:42 am

trad_reborn wrote:
Shawn B wrote:And just to add how I remember not a whole long time ago a certain poster who replied above and who climbs kit kat in their boots (and who at the time could climb 5.10 or harder) wigged out on a 5.5 traderoute in North Conway on second.

lol

don't laugh suggesting you don't get scared from time to time! sheesh. It happens to us all. I never said that it didn't. and that was 4 years ago by the way.... time flys you know! Also, lets not forget that seconding a marginally protected (as that is all there is for gear) traverse IS Scary!

If a husband speaks in the woods, and his wife is not there to hear him...is he still wrong?
martha

Postby Stef » Fri May 02, 2008 9:48 am

I must still have that video somewhere. I'll post it sometime :lol:
Stef

Postby martha » Fri May 02, 2008 9:51 am

Stef wrote:I must still have that video somewhere. I'll post it sometime :lol:

If you do that... I wouldn't reccomend you ever getting a belay from me in the future... :twisted:

christ... as if I'm the only one who's ever gotten scared. man, I've cried my way up plenty of routes. You should have seen me in the gunks when I was 4 months pregnant with Marie-France. What a train wreck I was on that trip! eh Matt? However, I've had my share of stellar leads too.. as have we all.

martha

Postby chossmonkey » Fri May 02, 2008 9:53 am

martha wrote:
Stef wrote:I must still have that video somewhere. I'll post it sometime :lol:

If you do that... I wouldn't reccomend you ever getting a belay from me in the future... :twisted:

christ... as if I'm the only one who's ever gotten scared. man, I've cried my way up plenty of routes. You should have seen me in the gunks when I was 4 months pregnant with Marie-France. What a train wreck I was on that trip! eh Matt? However, I've had my share of stellar leads too.. as have we all.

Wimmenfolk. :roll:
If women ruled the world there would be no wars, just be a bunch of jealous countries not talking to each other.
chossmonkey

Postby Adam » Fri May 02, 2008 10:14 am

martha wrote:don't laugh suggesting you don't get scared from time to time! sheesh. It happens to us all. I never said that it didn't. and that was 4 years ago by the way.... time flys you know! Also, lets not forget that seconding a marginally protected (as that is all there is for gear) traverse IS Scary!

did i suggest that? of course i get scared sometimes. i'll try to watch the inflection on my 'lol's...

lol (inflected)
Adam

Postby martha » Fri May 02, 2008 10:57 am

chossmonkey wrote:
Wimmenfolk. :roll:

watch yourself Choss.... Or I'll stab you in a 7.5 months pregnant fit of rage... with my knitting needles! :lol:

martha

Postby Burley » Fri May 02, 2008 2:19 pm

I take it we're talking about Thin Air? Heady traverse... just as bad for the second as it is for the leader. I hate slabs.
Burley

Postby Matt Peck » Fri May 02, 2008 7:00 pm

Actually, I think the comment was pointed at me Cara, but you can take the heat if you'd like. Yep Slabs = interesting physics/effin aweful. Hotter Than Hell was an interesting intro to slab.
You can't take the sky from me.
Matt Peck

Postby martha » Fri May 02, 2008 9:24 pm

Yup, Thin Air. traverses are scary stuff, I think worse for the second considering the swing and large fall potential.... especially on slabs. yuck.

Hey Matt, what's your story? why don't we share the heat?!

martha

Postby PeterA » Fri May 02, 2008 11:15 pm

Matt Peck wrote: Hotter Than Hell was an interesting intro to slab.

Good times :lol: :wink:

-PJ
PeterA

Postby jnnfr » Sat May 03, 2008 4:02 pm

Whew, I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one who cries their way up routes...haha
jnnfr

Postby martha » Sun May 04, 2008 7:58 am

jnnfr wrote:Whew, I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one who cries their way up routes...haha

Ha. Hasn't happened since I was pregnant last time, but it has happened. :) And strangely on second but never on lead.

Don't let anyone tell you they don't get scared... I've seen my share of 'tough guys' turn white and pale and look like they just dropped a load in their pants. :) But that is what keeps us going back... that Adrenaline rush you get! weeeeeeeeeeeee!

martha

Postby kate » Mon May 12, 2008 6:41 pm

cara, you're pregnant?
kate

Postby martha » Tue May 13, 2008 7:03 am

Yes Maam, and ready to bust. less than 8 weeks to go.

martha

Previous

Return to New Brunswick