Biohazard == AWESOME!

Home of Welsford's Cochrane Lane Cliffs.

Moderators: PeterA, chossmonkey, Stacey, Dom, granite_grrl, Greg, Joe

Biohazard == AWESOME!

Postby Rosie » Wed Jun 11, 2008 7:35 am

Last night Erick and I went out to Striated and got on Biohazard. I have to say, it's one of the awesomest routes I've ever been on. Foremost because it's so atypical of the other sport climbs of that grade in the region (it's not slabby!), and then it also rocks because it's on such a cool spire, and the moves are wicked. So who else LOVES this route? :)
Rosie

Re: Biohazard == AWESOME!

Postby martha » Wed Jun 11, 2008 8:48 am

The only thing that I don't like about the route is the belay stance! It is super cool otherwise.
The phrase "working mother" is redundant. ~Jane Sellman

If a husband speaks in the woods, and his wife is not there to hear him...is he still wrong?
martha

Postby Burley » Wed Jun 11, 2008 9:47 am

Very well protected and fairly sustained climb. I recommend to anyone that is getting into leading 11 sport routes.

And no, I didn't get it in one go... took a rest on the third clip to avoid the flash pump I could feel coming... first climb of the night is my excuse.

Rosie loved the belay area... didn't ya? This is a time when you need to tie into a tree... to avoid potenial broken bones and an instant unwanted hanging belay ;) It is really safe... really... just tie into the tree or belay from way below.
Burley

Postby motanb » Wed Jun 11, 2008 10:46 am

yes i like this route. It really is unique. An overhanging 'rib' of rock. Cool moves and pumpy too. I remember fred and cara initially graded it around 10c/d...i got on it and pumped towards the top and had to hang! I was thinking...WTF!! A true sand-bag;-) JJ... Anyone who climbs 11 sport should get on this one.
Thomas

"When you get to the top.... Keep climbing"

~ JaphyRyder
motanb

Postby Polish_Surfer » Sun Jun 15, 2008 2:23 am

I am heading to NB in Aug...where is there good climbing?
Polish_Surfer

Return to New Brunswick