Greenlaw This Weekend

Home of Welsford's Cochrane Lane Cliffs.

Moderators: PeterA, chossmonkey, Stacey, Dom, granite_grrl, Greg, Joe

Greenlaw This Weekend

Postby Burley » Fri Jul 11, 2008 9:49 am

If you haven't been and you like sport climbing you should check it out.

I'm heading to St Andrew's for the weekend. If anyone is looking to climb on Saturday at Greenlaw just reply to this post with a time you want to meet. I'll be there on Sunday as well. I have rope and draws... just need a belayer for Saturday! Or if you climb harder than me I'll belay you on whatever you like.
Burley

Re: Greenlaw This Weekend

Postby Adam » Fri Jul 11, 2008 9:52 am

i got on the Grotto the other week... what a nice route. i remember getting on it in my first year of climbing and got kinda shutdown at the crux... it's tricky but not that bad. definitely get on it if you happen to be down there.

u getting back on scurvy Erick?
Adam

Postby Burley » Fri Jul 11, 2008 10:36 am

I'm going to get on Scurvy again. Amazing route. It is the other reason I'm going to St Andrews.

I don't see me getting it clean for a while yet, but it is within sight. I don't really even care if I get it clean... I just like getting on the route... nice moves the whole way up... and unlike anything I've climbed before.... slab, layback, big throw, and then you have to finish it up! Love it... total pump fest!
Burley

Postby Rosie » Fri Jul 11, 2008 12:29 pm

And I've got another date with the grotto! :D

and I'd like to try Scurvy again, too :)
Rosie

Postby martha » Fri Jul 11, 2008 3:35 pm

Rosie wrote:And I've got another date with the grotto! :D

Awesome Rosie, this has been one of my projects forever.. I've done on TR, but never on lead... Seems I always get knocked up just as I get climbing hard again.. lol :roll: I hope you get it... nothing like spanking a route instead of it spanking you!!!

I can't wait to try Scurvy either... hopefully this fall!
The phrase "working mother" is redundant. ~Jane Sellman

If a husband speaks in the woods, and his wife is not there to hear him...is he still wrong?
martha

Postby david » Fri Jul 11, 2008 10:12 pm

Burley,
I'll be in Greenlaw at noon tomorrow. Looks like there's gonna be 3 of us, so feel more than welcome to join in. I'll likely be setting up top-ropes on easier climbs for my friends, then Grotto, Scurvy, I'm up for anything as long as I don't have to lead them.
david

Return to New Brunswick