Fuzzy climbing

Home of Welsford's Cochrane Lane Cliffs.

Moderators: PeterA, chossmonkey, Stacey, Dom, granite_grrl, Greg, Joe

Fuzzy climbing

Postby Shawn B » Mon Aug 11, 2008 12:45 pm

Joe and I were out last night. Has the green moss ever taken over the bottom part of Joe's. The bottom part of Catholic Girls is like climbing a green slimy carpet. Between the lack of traffic due to the closure and the damp wet weather most everything at Joe's across the bottom 20-30 feet is growing moss like I have never seen before...much worse than the bottom of rock opera has ever been. A scrubbing party may be in order this fall.
Safety third!!!
Shawn B

Re: Fuzzy climbing

Postby Fred » Mon Aug 11, 2008 1:01 pm

I'm in!!!

Perfect opportunity to scrub Telefunken which has been on my to do list for some time.
I want to go to hell... there's probably lots of rock to climb there.
Fred
Site Admin

Postby STeveA » Mon Aug 11, 2008 2:52 pm

Can we get Gagetown to kick in some Agent orange. Maybe we can find dome old DDT kicking around. How about bleach or a good old forest fire. Surely scrubbing should be a last resort!
You are, therefore I am. That is the question....
STeveA

Postby Adam » Mon Aug 11, 2008 5:56 pm

kerosene ftw
Adam

Postby Burley » Tue Aug 12, 2008 12:38 pm

I noticed the same problem on two routes at Sunnyside. Lots of new green stuff growing.

My vote was for Kerosene and a book of matches, but apparently that isn't "environmentally friendly"... so we decided to go with bleach.
Burley

Postby STeveA » Wed Aug 13, 2008 6:54 am

We were planning to do the same thing at Bald Hill. Did you use straight bleach, or did you dilute it with water. If so, what was the ratio of water to bleach?
You are, therefore I am. That is the question....
STeveA

Postby Burley » Wed Aug 13, 2008 7:04 am

Striaght Sodium Hypo. Ordered a tanker load from Montreal. We're getting great results.
Burley

Postby Joe » Wed Aug 13, 2008 9:17 am

Maybe we could get the fire bombers to hit it with a load of retardant, like they did on Ministers Face a couple of years ago. Just wait for a few dry days, then light a fire at the base of it!
Joe

Postby martha » Wed Aug 13, 2008 9:58 am

Oh fun! let me know when you do this.. I'll bring roasting sticks and marshmallows!
The phrase "working mother" is redundant. ~Jane Sellman

If a husband speaks in the woods, and his wife is not there to hear him...is he still wrong?
martha

Postby jdhohmann » Wed Aug 13, 2008 12:58 pm

Shawn B wrote:Joe and I were out last night. Has the green moss ever taken over the bottom part of Joe's. The bottom part of Catholic Girls is like climbing a green slimy carpet. Between the lack of traffic due to the closure and the damp wet weather most everything at Joe's across the bottom 20-30 feet is growing moss like I have never seen before...much worse than the bottom of rock opera has ever been. A scrubbing party may be in order this fall.

I'm in too!!!!! I need to get my dairy Aire up there again!!!!! :D
<<Jan>>
jdhohmann

Return to New Brunswick