Salt n Pepper

Home of Welsford's Cochrane Lane Cliffs.

Moderators: PeterA, chossmonkey, Stacey, Dom, granite_grrl, Greg, Joe

Salt n Pepper

Postby *Chris* » Tue Sep 02, 2008 8:13 am

Word to the wise. There's a sidepull/jug on this line which is flexing much more so than the last time I climbed it. Pull down - not out!
*Chris*

Re: Salt n Pepper

Postby Shawn B » Tue Sep 02, 2008 8:44 am

I expected it would have been gone a few years ago. I'm surprised it is still there. Has to be at least 3 or 4 years...maybe longer...since I first noticed the flex in it. Is kind of an obvious nut placement as well. Would be sad to pull off the hold and your gear placement. There is a solid jug in behind that little pointy jug that is solid.
Safety third!!!
Shawn B

Postby chossmonkey » Tue Sep 02, 2008 8:52 am

*Chris* wrote:Word to the wise. There's a sidepull/jug on this line which is flexing much more so than the last time I climbed it. Pull down - not out!

Sounds spicy. :P
If women ruled the world there would be no wars, just be a bunch of jealous countries not talking to each other.
chossmonkey

Postby granite_grrl » Tue Sep 09, 2008 4:05 pm

*Chris* wrote:Word to the wise. There's a sidepull/jug on this line which is flexing much more so than the last time I climbed it. Pull down - not out!

The best thing to do with line like that are to send them quick!!! Before the jug breaks and makes it harder!

:lol:
granite_grrl

Postby cory » Tue Sep 23, 2008 11:46 am

glue
cory

Postby chossmonkey » Tue Sep 23, 2008 6:27 pm

cory wrote:glue

If properly done most people would never know.

Once I saw this route in Quebec that had this huge block doweled to the cliff with rebar and epoxy. They must have had one long drill bit. If you looked in the crack behind the block you could see the bars going through the block into the cliff. I would have never noticed but the guide made mention of it so I was looking.
If women ruled the world there would be no wars, just be a bunch of jealous countries not talking to each other.
chossmonkey

Return to New Brunswick