anyway...

Home of Welsford's Cochrane Lane Cliffs.

Moderators: PeterA, chossmonkey, Stacey, Dom, granite_grrl, Greg, Joe

anyway...

Postby Guest » Wed Apr 20, 2005 4:05 pm

so... anyone climbing in welsford this weekend ;) :twisted:

Re: anyway...

Postby Andrew » Wed Apr 20, 2005 7:29 pm

I'm sure we'd all like to... but sounds like we're really not supposed to set foot there. Do we take the chance of messing things up worse for the community by going and possibly being found there? Will we get shot or pistol whipped?

Say people don't go on the forums and just go climbing and don't noticee the sign... ???

Anyhow... I'm confused as to weather we should go or wait till things are sorted out. I've been told we should not go, but... ????

Input here?

adam wrote:so... anyone climbing in welsford this weekend ;) :twisted:
Andrew

Please don't jepodize our situation

Postby john » Wed Apr 20, 2005 10:38 pm

I will once again state the official standpoint for absolute clarity. It is suggested and greatly appreciated if no one visits the cochrane lane cliffs until this matter is fully understood. Doing so is the choice of the individual, but such an individual should know that in all probalility any conflicts with the Base and or military staff who may be in the area will likely jepodize the communities access situation. We want to prove and display responsible land stewardship at all times and knowingly violating the posted signs surely will not help our situation. As for the ignorance angle, such agruements while acceptable in some situations are unlikely to fly in this situation. I realize that the comment I am responding to was in all likelyhood intended as a joke, however to readers not privy to the details of the situation this comment may be misconstrued. For the record it is suggested that no one visit the cochrane lane cliffs for the time being. As soon as relevant information is known it will be posted here for all to see.

John Bowles
john

Postby Guest » Wed Apr 20, 2005 10:50 pm

i was just joking. i will be in welsford but will not be climbing at cochrane lane. was just trying to lighten the mood a little. :roll:

i don't think it would inconvenience many people to avoid cochrane lane this weekend at least until this is all sorted out. just take this weekend for a road trip :)

Postby mitchleblanc » Wed Apr 20, 2005 11:42 pm

Hell yah! Syndey is off the hook this weekend, and I've got three spare beds and a couch at my place! Blue mountains and Crumbly beckon! Book yer tickets, you scurvy skalawags.
Bouldering is a dish best served cold.
mitchleblanc

Postby martha » Thu Apr 21, 2005 7:12 am

Don't forget all, Bald Peak is also on CFB gagetown property. So far there is no issue there. lets keep our fingers crossed.
The phrase "working mother" is redundant. ~Jane Sellman

If a husband speaks in the woods, and his wife is not there to hear him...is he still wrong?
martha

Return to New Brunswick