Kamouraska Trip

Home of Welsford's Cochrane Lane Cliffs.

Moderators: PeterA, chossmonkey, Stacey, Dom, granite_grrl, Greg, Joe

Kamouraska Trip

Postby Jamie Simpson » Mon Apr 25, 2005 11:39 am

Hey Folks - A few of us are heading to Kamouraska this weekend if the weather's decent. Come on up for some sport-junkie fun. Contact me if you need details.

Jamie Simpson
Jamie Simpson

Postby Fred » Mon Apr 25, 2005 11:45 am

you best be taking the sharp end of the rope on "Pierre Volante" and don't forget to oh so spectacular "Moby Dick"

have a good trip
I want to go to hell... there's probably lots of rock to climb there.
Fred
Site Admin

Postby Mountain_Marc » Mon Apr 25, 2005 2:40 pm

Man, i'm almost tempted. Where are you guys staying?
"You can't practice to be miserable. You're either good at it or you aren't."

"If a wife speaks in the woods, and her husband is not there to hear her...is she still wrong?"
Mountain_Marc

Postby Jamie Simpson » Mon Apr 25, 2005 4:42 pm

Pierre and Moby are definately on the list.

We'll be camping at the campground just up the road from the cliffs. I think it's $16 / tent / night plus $6 / day for the climbing. Leaving Friday late afternoon - may go as far as Fredericton then rest of the way early Saturday am. You can download a topo from Dr. Topo. It's a great spot for beginner sport leaders / plus lots of fun overhanging hard routes. Rock is something like limestone.

Jamie
Jamie Simpson

Postby kate » Mon Apr 25, 2005 9:09 pm

hi Jamie,
when I was there with the Dr. Topo topo, it was already somewhat outdated. maybe they have updated it since. on our trip there were two climbers from Quebec there rewriting the guide, so maybe that will be available to you. in any case, ENJOY!...and happy clipping. :)
kate
kate

Postby Fred » Mon Apr 25, 2005 9:19 pm

Kate,

when did you go last? There hasn't been any new route development in years. I think there may be some errors with the number of bolts on a route etc due in part because the FQME is retro bolting routes (I think). Most route names and grades are painted on the rock too. As much as I find this 'bad' I must say it's quite handy.

oh wow! Just talking about Kamou has me all excited to go now. What a great spot.
Fred
Site Admin

Postby kate » Thu Apr 28, 2005 8:22 pm

we were there last June/July. it was mostly the number of bolts on routes, but I'm sure that I remember there being other changes that messed with us a bit, hence why these two quebecois climbers were there updating all the info. have fun when you go... how's the shoulder?

kate
kate

Postby Fred » Fri Apr 29, 2005 8:17 am

the shoulder is blah!

turns out it was a sublux (spell?) which is a partial dislocation. Pops out and right back in. yummy

My goal is to be back in shape for Boulderfest since I want to send Exciter. :( Probably wishfull thinking. That problem is hard. Oh well. Better to have high goals eh?
Fred
Site Admin

Return to New Brunswick