Personal Email

Home of Welsford's Cochrane Lane Cliffs.

Moderators: PeterA, chossmonkey, Stacey, Dom, granite_grrl, Greg, Joe

Personal Email

Postby Shawn B » Mon Apr 25, 2005 2:38 pm

What ever happened to PERSONAL EMAIL?? A lot of posts on this site should be directed to specific people's personal email as posting for all to read just gives others an opportunity for criticism and inappropriate comments. If this was done, a lot of the negative comments and mis-interpretations could be prevented as your personal business with remain just that...personal. Save yourself some grief. Keep it personal and PM people you know and who's company you enjoy and opinions you value. This site is useful for things such as crag information, seeking partners, climbing conditions, gear questions, etc. If you don't want others to comment on the size and colour of your panties (or worse yet...sniff them :shock: ), don't hang them outside on the line to dry. JMNSHO.
Shawn B

Postby Fred » Mon Apr 25, 2005 4:55 pm

I agree to some extent.

However, I don't agree that because you post an innocent comment or useless post that it makes it right for people to pick on you. I see tons of useless comments on the NS board with people just having an all around good chat back and forth. You don't see them harrassing each other. I think the people who are posting negative comments are the problem not the ones posting useless non-sense.

If Joe Climber comes on the board and says he's going climbing with Andy this weekend at the local spot. No one will think much of it. However, when someone has a personal agenda, all of a sudden Joe's post is the worst post in the world and Joe needs to be shot down. why? that's a good question.

So it's not the innocent people hanging dirty thongs that we'll be fixin but rather the people who bring unwaranted negativity to this forum.

Continued harrassment is not tolerated and your account will be deleted.
I want to go to hell... there's probably lots of rock to climb there.
Fred
Site Admin

Return to New Brunswick