Tom Anderson - If he can find the message that is!

Home of Welsford's Cochrane Lane Cliffs.

Moderators: PeterA, chossmonkey, Stacey, Dom, granite_grrl, Greg, Joe

Tom Anderson - If he can find the message that is!

Postby Burley » Mon Mar 16, 2009 9:38 am

So I aided a route on Minkey - Human Erazer or something. Got to the bolt anchor (loved it by the way - trees are not made for rapping), fixed the line for Adam and got comfy. As I was ashing out my tasty Marlboro Light I noticed something staring at me out of the corner of my eye. It was two massive barracudas. No, not the theethy fuzzy kind. Yes, I found your shoes hiding under a shelf up and right of the anchor where they clearly had been since you took them off your large feet and forgot about them!

As soon as I saw them I just about peed in my bibs. In your defense they were out of sight....... but not so much that you wouldn't have found them if you remembered what the last route was that you climbed ;) So now you can toss those stinky things I had the pleause of meeting this fall that you call shoes (for the love of god burn them) and no more need to do cheekbone in runners!

They were in about the best spot you could leave them in Welsford. Given the condition I would bet they saw no snow or sun since the early fall. They are mint buddy. If they weren't in such good shape we talked about tieing them off the old manky cord that is slung around that mini phone ;)

You owe me a beer and a scary day out in Welsford. I'm in the Fredericton phone book.

Erick Burley
Burley

Re: Tom Anderson - If he can find the message that is!

Postby *Chris* » Mon Mar 16, 2009 10:22 am

I just pissed myself. Both Burley and Tom owe me a new pair of pants since they are both to blame! :lol:
*Chris*

Postby cory » Wed Mar 18, 2009 9:02 pm

ha ha ha ha! :lol: ha ha ha ha ha! :lol: ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! :lol:
(can't...ha...add..ha ha....anything...too...ha...busy laugh...ha ha ha ha ha...ing)
cory

Postby motanb » Thu Mar 19, 2009 9:19 pm

LOL!! Wonderful.... simply wonderful. What a great story.. a happy ending and all. i can't believe this!! Burley, thank you for the entertaining account of your finding my long lost shoes! And thanks especially for finding my barracuda's!!
I have listened to your suggestion and have tossed the stinky runners. A bevy will be at your immediate request by yours truely prior to our first quasi 'scary' climb this season :wink:

I need to change my pants now... See you at the crag soon

Thomas :D
Thomas

"When you get to the top.... Keep climbing"

~ JaphyRyder
motanb

Postby Burley » Fri Mar 20, 2009 9:34 am

Tom,

The best part is that I remembered you telling me you left them at the bottom of Simpson Wall! I love it!

It was good fun finding them... for sure. I had a good laugh and so did Adam. They are seriously in amazing condition. I'm glad I found them as it renewed my faith in mankind since I was sure someone stole them.

Drop me a line and I'll get them to you.

Erick
Burley

Postby Adam » Fri Mar 20, 2009 3:46 pm

i still think we should make you work for them somehow... have to climb up to them on some route, put them on and then finish the route...

SOMETHIN!
Adam

Postby cory » Sat Mar 21, 2009 7:08 pm

Burley wrote:t renewed my faith in mankind since I was sure someone stole them.
They're huge and probably smelly. Who would have any use for them besides Tom?
cory

Return to New Brunswick