UNB Climbing gym

Home of Welsford's Cochrane Lane Cliffs.

Moderators: PeterA, chossmonkey, Stacey, Dom, granite_grrl, Greg, Joe

UNB Climbing gym

Postby Pierre » Thu Apr 28, 2005 6:24 pm

I make several trips from Moncton down to Halifax to get my fix of climbing but I'm wondering if it makes more sense to travel up to UNB climbing gym or CFB gagetown.

I'm wondering what the atmosphere and summer schedule is like for these gyms?

Does the UNB climbing gym have a up to date website?

If anyone from the Moncton area is looking for an extra person to climb with and share the cost of traveling to gyms or crags, please let me know.

Later
Pierre

Postby martha » Thu Apr 28, 2005 6:45 pm

You need to get in contact with our Buddy Dean from Moncton. He comes up to the UNB gym fairly often. our summer schedule is Mon-Thurs 6-9. Maybe sunday nights too, I'll have to check to be sure.

In anycase, we aren't open in August at all because the facility shuts down for its annual 'face lift'. And weekends we aren't open either. I mean, who wants to volunteer at an indoor wall when there is rock to be had right?

the atmosphere is great. :)

Gagetown is open mon/wed/sat from 6:30-8:45. I don't know what their summer hours are like.

hope to see you soon.

Cara
The phrase "working mother" is redundant. ~Jane Sellman

If a husband speaks in the woods, and his wife is not there to hear him...is he still wrong?
martha

Postby DeanO » Fri Apr 29, 2005 2:47 pm

Yeah Pierre, I travel to UNB fairly often. They have a nice gym with lots of challenge for every level.

I'm always looking for people to share drives with.

let me know when you would like to go. I'm game for next week sometime if your interested.
DeanO

Postby Ken P » Fri Apr 29, 2005 5:38 pm

Summer hours for CFB Gage are still the same, but be sure to call ahead 422-2000 ext 2660. In the summer if the temp goes over 25C Donnie likes to stay home and have a few pops. Ya can't blame'em for that one.
Ken P

Postby Pierre » Tue May 03, 2005 10:22 am

Hey Dean,

If you need a extra to share gas or drive - I'm in.

Can reach me by e-mail ( pierre.arsenault@gmail.com )

Later
Pierre

Return to New Brunswick