climbing accident

Home of Welsford's Cochrane Lane Cliffs.

Moderators: PeterA, chossmonkey, Stacey, Dom, granite_grrl, Greg, Joe

climbing accident

Postby CapeBaller » Sun May 08, 2005 3:22 am

This was found on http://www.westernwheel.com.

"The Okotoks community is mourning the death of a local youth described as having an incredibly bright future.
Two weeks short of his 20th birthday, Nicholas Beaulieu was killed as a result of a climbing accident on the campus of Queen’s University in Kingston, Ont.
“He was the light of our lives,” said Liz Robertson, Beaulieu’s aunt. “We will never get over this. He was a phenomenal human being.”
A second-year Life Sciences student at Queens, Beaulieu was apparently climbing to the top of one of the buildings on campus last Wednesday when he fell almost three storeys and landed on a parked van.
Emergency crews found the 19-year-old without vital signs and he was rushed to Kingston General Hospital. He died Friday afternoon as a result of his injuries. His parents, Stephen and Donita, were by his side.
The news of Beaulieu’s death has sent shockwaves through the community where the young man grew up.
Jason Sahely admits he has not come to grips with the death of his long-time pal.
“I couldn’t believe it,” said Sahely. “I honestly couldn’t believe it. Nick was such a great guy.”
It was an especially somber day at Holy Trinity Academy in Okotoks where Beaulieu was a student until his graduation in 2003"

R.I.P. Nicholas
My deepest condolences to his family and friends
Rick
CapeBaller

Return to New Brunswick