new route @ greenlaw

Home of Welsford's Cochrane Lane Cliffs.

Moderators: PeterA, chossmonkey, Stacey, Dom, granite_grrl, Greg, Joe

new route @ greenlaw

Postby Adam » Mon Jun 08, 2009 1:13 pm

Top Gun (5.12+ ??) S(7) R(2) 70'

between Grand Theft Project and Space Invaders...

Start just left of space invaders. Moves left through powerful moves to a bad rest on the arete. Move up and right through a the crux to a big jug at the top of the blunt arete. If you make it this far, relax and enjoy the much easier climbing to the top. Kinda run out between 3rd/4th bolts but there is no where else to clip from it is so powerful!

WARNING: please do not attempt this climb until the tape is taken off the first bolt. i'm not trying to get the redpoint for myself, but rather there are two large blocks that *might* come loose and i want to take a crowbar down to see if i can get rid of them.

this will be an open project once the tape comes off... might be 5.13 or i'm just getting fat and weak (likely) and is just 5.12 hehe... enjoy!
Adam

Re: new route @ greenlaw

Postby motanb » Mon Jun 08, 2009 2:29 pm

lol..Nice name pick;-) This is a great project Adam, well done on getting going. Hopefully I can get my 'guns' in shape for this one.

Let me know next time yor in St Andrews. Also..let me know when you wanna go to the route we discussed..
Thomas

"When you get to the top.... Keep climbing"

~ JaphyRyder
motanb

Re: new route @ greenlaw

Postby Adam » Mon Jun 08, 2009 2:45 pm

I should add for historical purposes that the name 'Top Gun' was selected under duress. I felt I had no option. While the movie IS a famous and iconic piece of cinematography, I think someone just wanted to be my wingman, or play some beach volleyball or something gay like that.
Adam

Return to New Brunswick