New to climbing in this area...

Home of Welsford's Cochrane Lane Cliffs.

Moderators: PeterA, chossmonkey, Stacey, Dom, granite_grrl, Greg, Joe

New to climbing in this area...

Postby j.root » Mon Jul 06, 2009 12:21 pm

Hey everyone,

My Name is Jonathan, have spent the last two years in school in Toronto and working at the Toronto Climbing Academy.
Now that I am back out east, I am trying to make the transition to real rock! I just finished tree planting for two months so now I have alot of time on my hands for slacklining, climbing or any other outdoor pursuits. It would be great to meet up with some people who have knowledge to share about this area. I have lead climbed indoors up to about 5.11- but haven't been climbing in about three months. If anyone is looking for someone to climb with I would be super stoked to get outside. I have all my own gear and access to a car so let me know!

Cheers,

Jon
j.root

Re: New to climbing in this area...

Postby Adam » Mon Jul 06, 2009 12:25 pm

Where in NB are you?
Adam

Postby j.root » Mon Jul 06, 2009 2:21 pm

probably would be a good thing to let people know! I am living in Rothesay for the summer...
j.root

Postby Dom » Tue Jul 07, 2009 12:12 pm

hey you wanna check out Cochrane Lane on Wednesday or Thursday? I live in Moncton but I could pick you up on the way or we could meet at Welsford whichever...

I know the area fairly well and I have a trad rack... Also I planted trees 4 seasons so I know the treeplanter jargon- cream, duff shot, claustrafuck, etc. hehe

If you're interested my email is cool_but_rood@hotmail.com
So much rock, so little time
Dom

Postby Jon Corey » Tue Jul 07, 2009 4:27 pm

I will be working in rothesay this weekend on the common. I might have a couple of hours to slackline sat evening after 6:00. If you are interested let me know.
I live in fredericton and will only be in rothesay for the weekend.
Jon Corey
Jon Corey

Postby j.root » Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:57 pm

Jon- I would love to slackline Sat. but some flowery news, I just realized mine is probably sitting the in woods an hour and a half north of Thunder Bay... Hopefully you have a rig, let me know if you do and I can meet you there, my house is on Rothesay Rd, like 5 minutes from the common...
j.root

Postby j.root » Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:58 pm

props to the auto changing of swear words on this forum btw!
j.root

Postby Jon Corey » Wed Jul 08, 2009 4:51 pm

I can bring my rig. Do you already have a spot scoped out at your place to set one up? Regarding T bay my brother lives there
and so there may be a way to get your gear back. My parents are going up to visit him soon. e mail me your ph # masjewel@nb.aibn.com
and we'll make some plans or just call 455-5680
jon corey
Jon Corey

Postby PeterA » Fri Jul 10, 2009 12:10 pm

5 minutes from the common you say? We're also 5 minutes from the common, on rothesay park road. I'd be glad to get out climbing any time. We also have a bouldering wall in our house, and plenty of places to slackline if you ever want to come over some time on a rainy day.

-PJ
PeterA

Return to New Brunswick