Bug report?

Home of Welsford's Cochrane Lane Cliffs.

Moderators: PeterA, chossmonkey, Stacey, Dom, granite_grrl, Greg, Joe

Bug report?

Postby mick » Wed Jul 15, 2009 8:56 pm

Thinking about a trip up to Welsford this weekend but I got eaten alive by bugs today at First Face here in NS. I've been told that New Brunswick gets at least twofold the bugs that we do and I don't know if I could handle that, especially trying to lead these so-called "trad" climbs that I've been trying my hand at lately.

How bad is it up there these days?
mick

Re: Bug report?

Postby martha » Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:30 pm

We hardly saw any last saturday. maybe a few near the end of the day... but it was sunny. This weekend is giving overcast/rain... so maybe if it isn't warm enough there will be some around. Black flies are pretty well done and I'm guessing the Mosquitos are only coming out around dusk.

Cara
The phrase "working mother" is redundant. ~Jane Sellman

If a husband speaks in the woods, and his wife is not there to hear him...is he still wrong?
martha

Postby PeterA » Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:36 pm

Been out in shorts and no shirt for the last two weeks, in all conditions. Minimal bites, and I'd say they are good to go

-PJ
PeterA

Postby Shawn B » Thu Jul 16, 2009 8:32 am

all good last night 6pm-dark. a black fly here and there. shorts and no bug dope. good to go bug wise i'd say.
Safety third!!!
Shawn B

Postby Andrew » Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:15 pm

Climbed from 9:30am to 4:30pm Thursday (today) and there were only a mild amount of skeeters and blackflies. I got a few bites but nothing of consequence.

I always bring my bug dope just in case, though.

Rock ON!
Andrew

Return to New Brunswick