climbing - Tuesday or Wednesday next week

Home of Welsford's Cochrane Lane Cliffs.

Moderators: PeterA, chossmonkey, Stacey, Dom, granite_grrl, Greg, Joe

climbing - Tuesday or Wednesday next week

Postby granite_grrl » Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:08 am

I'll be on my way to Nova Scotia, but would love to take a day or two to climb in NB again. I would be able to get to Welsford area just after noon on Tuesday the 28th (assuming no problems crossing the border back into Canada), and could take the entire day on Wednesday. If climbing Wednesday then I would like to leave early enough (at the car by 5-6pm?) so I could still drive to my parent's place outside of Halifax.

I'm leaving tomorrow morning, but will check the board before I leave. I'm not sure if I'll be able to check again before I reach my parent's place in NS, but cell phone numbers can be exchanged.

I'll probably be trying to find partners again on the return journey too (the second week or August), but will post again.
granite_grrl

Re: climbing - Tuesday or Wednesday next week

Postby martha » Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:32 am

hey GG...

I'd love to but Fred and I are inspecting and closing on the new house on Tues/Wed of next week. maybe on your way back through we can swing it. :)

I'm good on any friday all day or a monday afternoon/evening plus weekends of course. :)

Cara
The phrase "working mother" is redundant. ~Jane Sellman

If a husband speaks in the woods, and his wife is not there to hear him...is he still wrong?
martha

Postby granite_grrl » Thu Jul 23, 2009 12:51 pm

I'd love to see you guys again, Cara. I know how busy you guys are right now with the new house, but I'll see how you're doing in a couple of weeks before I start back to Ontario.

I'm playing with the idea of stopping and doing a bit of TR soloing to break up the drive from NH to NS even I can't find someone to climb with.
granite_grrl

Postby granite_grrl » Fri Jul 24, 2009 7:12 am

Fred and Cara have my cell number. I'm leaving this morning for NH, but if any one decided they're going out on Tuesday or Wednesday it would be awesome if you could get my number from them and shoot me a text. While I've only been to Welsford in the past, I have the NB guidebook and should be able to get to other walls as well.
granite_grrl

Postby cory » Sat Jul 25, 2009 12:07 pm

Wednesday would be good for me. As of now, I've got the day off and am in need of some vertical. My cell is 5066477686.
cory

Postby granite_grrl » Mon Jul 27, 2009 9:22 pm

I'm leaving Maine tomorrow morning, the drive too Halifax area is kinda long and it would be great to climb Wednesday. My cell number is (905) 931-7989. I'll shoot you a text and see if you're still interested. If so then I'll stop at Welsford tomorrow night (Tuesday) and stay over night. I've been getting up at 7am so I'd probably be good to go by 8am (or any time later if you like to start a little later).

Text is being set now (still in the states, text messages are a lot more affordable).

PS - text has been sent.
granite_grrl

Postby *Chris* » Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:15 pm

Was glad to run into you for a few quick climbs. Hope the rest of your trip goes well.
*Chris*

Postby granite_grrl » Thu Jul 30, 2009 9:40 am

*Chris* wrote:Was glad to run into you for a few quick climbs. Hope the rest of your trip goes well.

Things worked out well! I had a good day out with Cory too.

Got to NS last night, but I'll be trying for a couple more days in NB on the return trip.
granite_grrl

Postby Stacey » Thu Jul 30, 2009 9:48 am

Great to have met you Rebecca...hope you & Cory had a great day...where did you end up climbing?

Stace
''When one tugs at a single thing in nature, he finds it attached to the rest of the world.''
~John Muir
Stacey

Return to New Brunswick