New in town

Home of Welsford's Cochrane Lane Cliffs.

Moderators: PeterA, chossmonkey, Stacey, Dom, granite_grrl, Greg, Joe

New in town

Postby anderfo » Fri Jul 31, 2009 6:50 pm

Tomorrow I'm finally moving from Norway to Fredericton visiting UNB. I'll stay for one year and I'd like to climb and ski as much as possible...
So, is the rock gym open next week? How can I enter? Or would some people like to take me climbing somewhere? I have some friends there already but I guess most of them are on holiday now (at least Adam, I talked to him yesterday).
I'm certainly not a world champion, I guess my level is around french 6c redpoint 6a onsight. (I have know idea about the American grading system).
See you around,
Anders
+47 97158863 (I'll soon get a Canadian SIM card)
A bunch of photos
My home crag is Hell (and, yes, I've seen Hell freezing over...)
anderfo

Re: New in town

Postby Nihoa » Sun Aug 02, 2009 2:22 pm

august is a weird month for the gym. regular hours are 6-9pm but the building closes at 8 all this month which would mean the hours are now 6-8pm through the week? no hours on sat and the building closes at 6 on sundays now so i guess that means no hours on sunday either.

anderfo wrote:Tomorrow I'm finally moving from Norway to Fredericton visiting UNB. I'll stay for one year and I'd like to climb and ski as much as possible...
So, is the rock gym open next week? How can I enter? Or would some people like to take me climbing somewhere? I have some friends there already but I guess most of them are on holiday now (at least Adam, I talked to him yesterday).
I'm certainly not a world champion, I guess my level is around french 6c redpoint 6a onsight. (I have know idea about the American grading system).
See you around,
Anders
+47 97158863 (I'll soon get a Canadian SIM card)
Nihoa

Postby anderfo » Sun Aug 02, 2009 4:17 pm

thanks, i guess it is closed tomorrow also so i will try tuesday at 6..
A bunch of photos
anderfo

Postby Stacey » Mon Aug 03, 2009 5:26 pm

Welcome - - great to have you back in Canada...can't wait to get back out climbing with you! Will be a blast...good lucky apt. hunting & car hunting.

Stace
''When one tugs at a single thing in nature, he finds it attached to the rest of the world.''
~John Muir
Stacey

Postby Shawn B » Wed Aug 05, 2009 2:08 pm

Do you have your whole avy kit and skins with you? I see you tele. Good skiing in Gaspe Provincial Park in Quebec. 6 hour drive from Fredericton. I'll be doing a few trips this winter. Mt. Washington in New Hampshire too if weather cooperates while you happen to be there (160km/hr winds not out of the norm). Forecast is for strengthening El Nino so that may put a damper on our winter here though.
Safety third!!!
Shawn B

Postby anderfo » Wed Aug 05, 2009 4:42 pm

Shawn B wrote:Do you have your whole avy kit and skins with you? I see you tele. Good skiing in Gaspe Provincial Park in Quebec. 6 hour drive from Fredericton. I'll be doing a few trips this winter. Mt. Washington in New Hampshire too if weather cooperates while you happen to be there (160km/hr winds not out of the norm). Forecast is for strengthening El Nino so that may put a damper on our winter here though.

So far I have only brought some climbing equipment and my father brings some cross-country skis in October. But after Christmas holiday I'll bring the avalanche kit, skins and telemark skis. I wouldn't really need it before Christmas, right? Of course I'd be happy to join some skiing trips.
A bunch of photos
anderfo

Postby Stacey » Wed Aug 05, 2009 9:50 pm

So far I have only brought some climbing equipment and my father brings some cross-country skis in October. But after Christmas holiday I'll bring the avalanche kit, skins and telemark skis. I wouldn't really need it before Christmas, right? Of course I'd be happy to join some skiing trips.[/quote]

We ususally go to Chic Chocs (quebec) over Christmas break...you'd be welcome to join us - might want your dad to bring the skins, etc. up early if possible - (just in case)

Stace
''When one tugs at a single thing in nature, he finds it attached to the rest of the world.''
~John Muir
Stacey

Postby Shawn B » Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:28 am

New years lines up for a long weekend this year. So I plan on being there for that weekend. There are huts that have electricity for lighting and a wood stove for heat that are close to the "ski hills". I'm going to keep my eyes on the park's website for when they start taking reservations and book a spot in the hut for that weekend. Something like $20 a head/night. Would be nice if we could get enough to fill up one hut (8 people) so we all know each other.
Safety third!!!
Shawn B

Postby anderfo » Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:53 am

I'm in Norway from 19 Dec to 9 Jan. So in this time I can't join, but afterwards I'm ready.. (and then I'll bring all the stuff needed, too)
A bunch of photos
anderfo

Return to New Brunswick