Cedar Point

Home of Welsford's Cochrane Lane Cliffs.

Moderators: PeterA, chossmonkey, Stacey, Dom, granite_grrl, Greg, Joe

Cedar Point

Postby *Chris* » Sun Sep 13, 2009 8:26 pm

Was stuck in Millidgeville today with a few hours to kill so I decided to go find the cedar point quarry which I'd heard has seen some recent developement. Found what I believe to be the main area. Spent some time rope-soloing in a bolted corner as well as another slabby route just left of the corner which is drilled but has yet to receive bolts. Both were fun on interesting limestone. I could also see an prominent arete further to the left with several bolts. Any names/grades/topo for the area? Is this the only developement or did I miss something around the corner?

also... it's too bad that most bands of solution pockets seem to run horizontal. A vertical line would make for a cool route. :(
*Chris*

Re: Cedar Point

Postby cory » Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:33 pm

Surprised I didn't see you...I was there doing some work today before supper. There are 2 small (but significant enough) blocks to come down and a few more bolts to get in and the place will be 'open'. Keep checking here for updates: The guide will be available soon.
cory

Re: Cedar Point

Postby cory » Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:41 pm

Yes you did miss some. Including vertical features. There are 10 so far (6 finished, 2 drilled, one with about half the bolts and holes but some loose rock in the middle, and one not bolted at all). Potential for more in the main quarry, "snow fence" area, and along the shore. Order your bolts today!
cory

Return to New Brunswick