NB ICEFEST

Home of Welsford's Cochrane Lane Cliffs.

Moderators: PeterA, chossmonkey, Stacey, Dom, granite_grrl, Greg, Joe

NB ICEFEST

Postby Joe » Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:47 am

We are planning on having the annual ICEFEST on Feb 20 at Ministers Face, around 10-11 am, and a potluck supper/slide show at Steve Adamsons afterwards. See attached map for directions. All are invited, and new climbers will have a chance to try it out (bring yer own ski boots). Entrance fee is a slide show, but 12 year-old single malt or 3 dozen scallops wrapped in bacon are acceptable substitites.
Attachments
STEVES.JPG
Joe

Re: NB ICEFEST

Postby STeveA » Mon Jan 18, 2010 1:05 pm

Slideshows should be on a CD, DVD or memory stick. The more the merrier, lets make it a NB Film Festival.
You are, therefore I am. That is the question....
STeveA

Postby tintanium » Tue Jan 19, 2010 3:27 pm

Is there anyone willing to help house a very well-behaved carload of NS ice climbers for your festival? I think someone mentioned single malt, and I'm sure something could be arranged...
tintanium

Postby STeveA » Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:25 pm

I have lots of floor and couch space if you can't find anything better.
STeveA

Postby Joe » Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:16 am

Just a reminder that Icefest is this weekend - looks like the weather will be nice and warm, so bring gortex!
Joe

Postby Andrew » Sun Feb 21, 2010 6:00 pm

Here are my photos from ICEFEST 2010 @ Minister's Face:

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=1 ... 5f12faa73b
Andrew

Postby STeveA » Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:00 am

We lucked out with the weather on Saturday; sunny, warm and good ice. Sunday was miserable on the river. We had a good turn out for the climbing and the party afterwards. There is now a 14 bolt rock climb on Minister's Face that saw several leads. 5.7ish. 2 bolt anchor halfway and 3 bolt anchor at top.
STeveA

Postby Stacey » Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:32 am

NB Icefest 2010 was a great time - - as always....very glad we made it....great to see all the NB Ice Climbers together .

Thanks Steve (& Darlene) for hosting us all at your place for the slideshows ... was nice to sit around with a beverage and share everyone's trips this past year...

Kudos to all the amount of time & effort put into the slideshows by all the presenters.

Stace
''When one tugs at a single thing in nature, he finds it attached to the rest of the world.''
~John Muir
Stacey

Postby *Chris* » Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:33 am

STeveA wrote:We lucked out with the weather on Saturday; sunny, warm and good ice. Sunday was miserable on the river. We had a good turn out for the climbing and the party afterwards. There is now a 14 bolt rock climb on Minister's Face that saw several leads. 5.7ish. 2 bolt anchor halfway and 3 bolt anchor at top.
3 bolts? Curious.
*Chris*

Postby Joe » Mon Feb 22, 2010 2:01 pm

Did you catch the news clip of the Icefest on ATV last night (Sunday) at 6pm? Good interviews of the young guys climbing ice for the first time. Too bad they don't archive their old footage.

In the "Lost and Found" box, I have a pair of "Force 10" mitts left behind by the face. Let me know if you want them.
Joe

Postby STeveA » Mon Feb 22, 2010 2:26 pm

*Chris* wrote:3 bolts? Curious.

First anchor on that area, 140' off the ground, I am a chicken. Turns out the rock is just as hard as Granite so there will only be 2 bolt anchors from now on.
STeveA

Postby gypsyp » Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:14 pm

Joe wrote:Did you catch the news clip of the Icefest on ATV last night (Sunday) at 6pm? Good interviews of the young guys climbing ice for the first time. Too bad they don't archive their old footage.

I keep hearing from people saying they saw me on CTV. I've ordered a copy of the footage from CTV, because they don't put the local stuff online, so when I get it, I'll put it on FB or something.

Thanks everyone for your encouragement!

Paul
gypsyp

Return to New Brunswick