Conditions in the Quarry

Home of Welsford's Cochrane Lane Cliffs.

Moderators: PeterA, chossmonkey, Stacey, Dom, granite_grrl, Greg, Joe

Conditions in the Quarry

Postby anderfo » Sat Jan 23, 2010 7:58 pm

Hey,
we were a few people in the Quarry today. Some of the lines were very thin and dripping wet in the sun, but we were leading Iced Cheese (in) and the Drainpipe (thin/mixed topout). Greg and Stacey did another thin line more to the right (Cosmic Orgasm?). Very warm and nice in the sun!

Overview photo:
A bunch of photos
My home crag is Hell (and, yes, I've seen Hell freezing over...)
anderfo

Re: Conditions in the Quarry

Postby Stacey » Sun Jan 24, 2010 7:42 am

It was a great day - -the sun was beautiful and the winds almost non-existant. Great to be out climbing - - the upcoming wet/warm weather will do some damage on some of these thin lines I'm afraid.

Stacey
''When one tugs at a single thing in nature, he finds it attached to the rest of the world.''
~John Muir
Stacey

Postby coryhal » Sun Jan 24, 2010 7:50 pm

Steve, John, and I were at the quarry today, jan24. It was super warm, I actually climbed without a shirt for a bit. The ice was prety delaminated. We managed one cool new route by iced cheese.

Hemroids – WI4+ 20M FFA: Cory Hall, Steve Adamson, John Adamson
Start up “Iced Cheese” then climb the smear on the right hand wall, very steep, anchor tree shared with “Preparation H”. Rarely formed.
coryhal

Postby Stef » Sun Jan 31, 2010 6:07 pm

We were into the Quarry today, Jan 31st. Conditions are still thin/mixed with lots of ice coming down despite the cold temps. Iced Cheese leadable on stubbies.

S.
Stef

Return to New Brunswick