New Ice Climbing Area in Waterford

Home of Welsford's Cochrane Lane Cliffs.

Moderators: PeterA, chossmonkey, Stacey, Dom, granite_grrl, Greg, Joe

Re: New Ice Climbing Area in Waterford

Postby Fred » Wed Mar 17, 2010 8:38 am

We've deleted some of your other alias accounts before such as Mickey Mouse. Are you sure want this one deleted too? You might want to post something again in a couple months.
I want to go to hell... there's probably lots of rock to climb there.
Fred
Site Admin

Postby martha » Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:28 am

climbnb wrote:FACT: This again proves to me, and several others, how this forum is truly a complete waste of time. Everything always goes down hill and there is no positive outcome.

While I agree that often times discussions get off track and people say things that they may not say in person and people read things with a tone different from that intended by the writer, this happens in a lot of web forums and chat groups. I have to disagree that the forum is a complete waste of time. Ice conditions, new routes, fun stories, hooking up with climbing partners and Mad Props to those community members who are truly sharing and contributing and climbing and loving it are all some of the great things that go on here.

You guys know of the book 'All I really need to know I learned in Kindergarten'? Search it online and read the opening paragraph or two. Oh the things we learn from our kids. Share everything, hold hands and stick together, don't hit people, say you are sorry when you hurt someone, put things back where you found them, warm cookies and cold milk are good for you..... Really, all this stuff on the forum is not worth any sort of headache or anger. There are so many things far more important.... like for example actually being able to go out and climb, and enjoy the days with our health and our friends.

Ya'll need to grow up a bit.... or behave like you were taught in kindergarten. Be nice.
The phrase "working mother" is redundant. ~Jane Sellman

If a husband speaks in the woods, and his wife is not there to hear him...is he still wrong?
martha

Postby chossmonkey » Wed Mar 17, 2010 5:43 pm

climbnb wrote:FACT: I would like my account deleted but there is no way that I can find to do it. Please do that for me asap.

Happy trails kids....

If you would like I can wave the magic wand. Seems a bit extreme though.

Even if the routes aren't worth mentioning the area does sound like it is worth sharing. Even if a route or area isn't very good its good to at least make mention of them or how bad they are to save other folks from slogging around on a hunch.
If women ruled the world there would be no wars, just be a bunch of jealous countries not talking to each other.
chossmonkey

Postby chossmonkey » Wed Mar 17, 2010 5:46 pm

Ooops, didn't see the second page. :oops:

On a side note Cara....

martha wrote: warm cookies and cold milk are good for you.....

Cookies and milk make me fat. They are not good for me!
If women ruled the world there would be no wars, just be a bunch of jealous countries not talking to each other.
chossmonkey

Postby jeremy » Wed Mar 17, 2010 7:04 pm

People should be very careful when claiming an area to be new or first asents. But i dont think greg claimed anything they did as a FA. And i'm sure shawn and dee and whoever did discover this area did let the community know, its just their community did not include everyone because this forum did not exist and the climbing community in nb was not as close as it is now.
For the records, i did a 25m climb in howard brook this winter and a few 20m climbs along the hwy 105 just south of woodstock that were WI2/3. If anyone cares they can get more info.

jeremy
jeremy

Postby anderfo » Fri Mar 19, 2010 3:31 pm

Here's a homemade approach map & topo for the area:
http://folk.ntnu.no/anderfo/files/temp/ ... erford.pdf

Sidenote: Is there anyone that would like to join this weekend? Saturday or Sunday, in Parlee or Glebe?
My foot is unable to fit in a rock climbing shoe at the moment, but ice climbing would be great...
Give me a call if you're interested!

cheers,
Anders (292-9340)
A bunch of photos
My home crag is Hell (and, yes, I've seen Hell freezing over...)
anderfo

Postby Mike D » Fri Mar 19, 2010 5:49 pm

Anders, great job with the topo and map!!
Mike D

Previous

Return to New Brunswick