sunnyside question

Home of Welsford's Cochrane Lane Cliffs.

Moderators: PeterA, chossmonkey, Stacey, Dom, granite_grrl, Greg, Joe

sunnyside question

Postby john » Fri Apr 02, 2010 10:33 pm

Hvae these route been named and climbed and are they fully bolted and short or incomplete?

355.1. PROJECT LEFT 40’/S(4)/R(2)
FA: Project
FFA: Project
Unnamed, unclimbed projects in the center of the ‘Darkside Wall’ starts at left side of a blank roof and then
traverses right a few moves and then up the face. Be sure to stick clip as a fall would be bad.
355.2. PROJECT RIGHT 40’/S(3)/R(2)
Unnamed, unclimbed projects in the center of the ‘Darkside Wall’ starts at right side of a blank roof and
then traverses left a few moves and then up the face. Be sure to stick clip as a fall would be bad.
john

Re: sunnyside question

Postby Adam » Sat Apr 03, 2010 7:01 am

both, as far as i know, have not been climbed ground up nor named. they're open projects and need dry conditions.

john wrote:Hvae these route been named and climbed and are they fully bolted and short or incomplete?

355.1. PROJECT LEFT 40’/S(4)/R(2)
Unnamed, unclimbed projects in the center of the ‘Darkside Wall’ starts at left side of a blank roof and then
traverses right a few moves and then up the face. Be sure to stick clip as a fall would be bad.
355.2. PROJECT RIGHT 40’/S(3)/R(2)
Unnamed, unclimbed projects in the center of the ‘Darkside Wall’ starts at right side of a blank roof and
then traverses left a few moves and then up the face. Be sure to stick clip as a fall would be bad.
Adam

Postby motanb » Sun Apr 04, 2010 7:47 pm

I think PJ and I might have climbed one of these routes during march 2009? I don't recall either one being too hard, maybe 5.9ish??
Thomas

"When you get to the top.... Keep climbing"

~ JaphyRyder
motanb

Postby Adam » Sun Apr 04, 2010 8:31 pm

motanb wrote:I think PJ and I might have climbed one of these routes during march 2009? I don't recall either one being too hard, maybe 5.9ish??

if I'm correct, PJ told me about this last year saying he climbed the route up the crack to the left of these two routes (a route Burley put up a few years ago but which i do not know the name), clipping the 2 bolts and then moved right onto the top of the left 'project' to clip the bolts b/c he had no gear to finish up the crack route.

not saying u didn't climb them, but i don't think these are 5.9s
Adam

Return to New Brunswick