I don't know about you.......

Home of Welsford's Cochrane Lane Cliffs.

Moderators: PeterA, chossmonkey, Stacey, Dom, granite_grrl, Greg, Joe

I don't know about you.......

Postby Chris » Wed Jun 01, 2005 8:08 pm

but Damn, do I ever want to go to Welsford and climb. Just knowing that the beautiful rock out there is not being used is killing me.....

:( :( :( :(

I think I might go play out at Cape Spencer.

Later!
Chris

Postby Guest » Wed Jun 01, 2005 10:09 pm

i hear you buddy... red tape sucks.

Postby CapeBaller » Thu Jun 02, 2005 1:11 am

I'm not a hard core climber , but this sucks big time... can't even go for a hike. If people took Welsford for granted before, i don't think it will be the same if we get access to it again.
Rick
CapeBaller

Postby Guest » Thu Jun 02, 2005 7:08 am

i'm getting pretty sick of it all... some people just need to flex their muscles i guess...

Postby martha » Thu Jun 02, 2005 7:28 am

Once it is under control and open again, we can all send out a HUGE thank you to John Bowles for his incredible hard work. He has spent hours on this, has went to meeting after meeting with lawyers and other officials etc.

We were at Eagle Rock last night (this cliff is not on base property) and the bugs were bad, and the climbing dirty, but at least it was Granite, and we could look over the highway longingly at the Cochrane Lane Cliffs.....

sigh...

won't be long boys. Keep your fingers Crossed!!
The phrase "working mother" is redundant. ~Jane Sellman

If a husband speaks in the woods, and his wife is not there to hear him...is he still wrong?
martha

Postby mitchleblanc » Thu Jun 02, 2005 8:55 am

I thought there was a committee (sp?) taking care of the issue? What happened to that? Why is John singlehandedly taking care of the issue now? I thought lots of other groups were involved too?

Just asking.. not trying to piss anyone off this time ;)
Bouldering is a dish best served cold.
mitchleblanc

Postby martha » Thu Jun 02, 2005 9:00 am

john is our 'spokesperson'. :) and has done a great job as such.

If a husband speaks in the woods, and his wife is not there to hear him...is he still wrong?
martha

Postby Shawn B » Thu Jun 02, 2005 9:18 am

Mitch, do everyone a favour and just shut up for a day or two please. Go find some climbing forum in Sydney where you can be condescending, ungrateful, sarcastic and all the other things you do in an attempt to bring other people down in order to make you feel better for whatever inadequacies you feel you have. So unless you have something positive to say, I'm sure everyone will appreciate you saying nothing at all.
Shawn B

Postby thicks » Thu Jun 02, 2005 9:40 am

And why dont you loose some weight too? Your looking a little chubby these days :!:
thicks

Postby martha » Thu Jun 02, 2005 9:49 am

Man Tyler,
your avitar is one SEXY SEXY pic.

dang.

martha

Postby Fred » Thu Jun 02, 2005 10:33 am

Mitch,

haven't you heard. Canada has abandonned the democratic system and is leaning towards the chin-up system. He who does most chin-up is now the new ruller. You would obviously be our new leader if you were here but John is second best untill you return. :wink:
I want to go to hell... there's probably lots of rock to climb there.
Fred
Site Admin

Postby mitchleblanc » Thu Jun 02, 2005 7:33 pm

Shawn B wrote:Mitch, do everyone a favour and just shut up for a day or two please. Go find some climbing forum in Sydney where you can be condescending, ungrateful, sarcastic and all the other things you do in an attempt to bring other people down in order to make you feel better for whatever inadequacies you feel you have. So unless you have something positive to say, I'm sure everyone will appreciate you saying nothing at all.

Way to look out, moderators.
mitchleblanc

Postby mitchleblanc » Thu Jun 02, 2005 7:34 pm

Fred wrote:Mitch,

haven't you heard. Canada has abandonned the democratic system and is leaning towards the chin-up system. He who does most chin-up is now the new ruller. You would obviously be our new leader if you were here but John is second best untill you return. :wink:

I actually think John could do a lot more chin-ups than me! Did you see those biceps in that comp pic! :shock:
mitchleblanc

Postby mitchleblanc » Thu Jun 02, 2005 7:35 pm

martha wrote:john is our 'spokesperson'. :) and has done a great job as such.

That's good, and yes, I agree, he has done a good job.. I'm just wondering if anyone else deserves any credit for any of the work, because they sure aren't getting it!
mitchleblanc

Postby martha » Thu Jun 02, 2005 8:45 pm

Yes, lots of people were involved. Myself, Shawn Bethune, Joe Kennedy, Steve Adamson, Pat Kelleher and Fred Doucette. We helped with the inital issue, coming together to brainstorm and figure out the best course of action. I helped john with some things after the initial meetings as well. The entire group came together when it was 'go time', but John did most of the work on his own, consulting us when things changed or for help reviewing items before passing them on to the base.

martha

Postby Fred » Fri Jun 03, 2005 2:24 pm

mitchleblanc wrote:
Shawn B wrote:Mitch, do everyone a favour and just shut up for a day or two please. Go find some climbing forum in Sydney where you can be condescending, ungrateful, sarcastic and all the other things you do in an attempt to bring other people down in order to make you feel better for whatever inadequacies you feel you have. So unless you have something positive to say, I'm sure everyone will appreciate you saying nothing at all.

Way to look out, moderators.

Mitch,

here is one of your post from a while back. I guess I'm confused as to what you would like us to do in the future or how we can better moderate threads directed towards you. As for moderating this thread... I did. I assessed and evaluated the post based on previous experience and figured you would want to see the personal attack. no?

mitchleblanc wrote:Not to flog a dead horse... (Is that even the correct saying?)

I would like to point out to the moderators that if this thread was about anyone but me, I would be disappointed that you didn't delete or lock this thread immediately. Personal attacks in a specific thread? That's gotta be grounds for deletion, even having your account removed.

Of course, it's me, so it's all good, I like it... It's just (let's face it) not conducive to good forums. Neither are lots of my posts, I agree...

Yours is a difficult job!
I want to go to hell... there's probably lots of rock to climb there.
Fred
Site Admin

Return to New Brunswick