September long weekend

Home of Welsford's Cochrane Lane Cliffs.

Moderators: PeterA, chossmonkey, Stacey, Dom, granite_grrl, Greg, Joe

September long weekend

Postby katefromBC » Sat Aug 14, 2010 11:48 am

Hello..

I just arrived from Vancouver and would love to check out some of the climbing around here on September long weekend. Is there anyone who doesn't mind another climber tagging along or would want to organize something?

I've only been climbing about a year, but I'm an excellent TR and lead belayer! I also have a rope, some qds and such.

Happy climbing
katefromBC

Re: September long weekend

Postby travisrthomas » Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:43 pm

Im in if we can get a group together!! ANYBODY ELSE OUT THERE?
travisrthomas

Postby Dom » Thu Aug 26, 2010 8:27 am

Hey, if you wanna do some toproping the best place is probably in Cochrane Lane.
There are some routes you don't have to lead in order to set them up as TR.
Exfoliated wall is particularly good for that.
Same goes for the popular right end of Joe's (snakepeel, way of life, pizza, etc.)

A lot of routes in Welsford use a tree for an anchor so bring long (6m) cordelette for those and regular slings for the rap rings anchors

The guidebook is on sale at Radical Edge in Fredericton and is an invaluable tool to get around the cliffs.

I heard Bald peak might be good for TRing too but I have never been there. maybe someone can confirm this...

have fun!
So much rock, so little time
Dom

Postby Adam » Thu Aug 26, 2010 9:27 am

Dom wrote:I heard Bald peak might be good for TRing too but I have never been there. maybe someone can confirm this...

you're better off hitting cochrane lane.... bald peak is ok for beginners but you'll get bored pretty quickly.
Adam

Postby cory » Fri Aug 27, 2010 3:29 pm

Isn't the Bald Pk trailhead buried under the massive construction project anyway?

Your chances are pretty good Kate at showing up at the trailhead before noon and offering belay services.

On a similar note, I've got an extra long weekend Labour Day and was thinking of heading to Clifton or Digby for part of it and spending the rest of the time closer to home. Anyone else have such a considerate work schedule?
cory

Return to New Brunswick