solstice

Home of Welsford's Cochrane Lane Cliffs.

Moderators: PeterA, chossmonkey, Stacey, Dom, granite_grrl, Greg, Joe

solstice

Postby Adam » Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:12 pm

bolts below roof on solstice are on the chopping block... speak now or forever hold your peace.
Adam

Re: solstice

Postby Matt Peck » Thu Sep 16, 2010 3:23 pm

Yep. Sounds good Adam. Not contiguous with the line of the route + pre-existing natural pro in the style of the route + agreement by FA author. Im all for chopping.
You can't take the sky from me.
Matt Peck

Postby chossmonkey » Sun Sep 19, 2010 7:21 am

Have either of you even been on the route let alone come close to making a real effort to redpoint it?

Did John use the bolts at all while sorting out the gear? Like it or not he did have the advantage of the bolts when first heading up the line that others will not have which can radically change the commitment level.
If women ruled the world there would be no wars, just be a bunch of jealous countries not talking to each other.
chossmonkey

Postby chossmonkey » Sun Sep 19, 2010 7:48 am

If women ruled the world there would be no wars, just be a bunch of jealous countries not talking to each other.
chossmonkey

Postby john » Sun Sep 19, 2010 9:59 pm

Just to set the record straight I never needed or used them at all, they are not near the natural line.

While I don't agree with the pretense of the bolt chopping or retrobolting antics which have occurred recently (sticky fingers or anubus) the removal of the soltice bolts is warranted. I would have done it myself, but did not, as I felt it would make more of a mess then leaving them in.
john

Postby chossmonkey » Mon Sep 20, 2010 6:35 am

Cool

Nice work completing the line. Its definitely on my list to check out next time we are out there for rock. Its sounds like a great route.
chossmonkey

Postby *Chris* » Wed Sep 22, 2010 2:37 pm

As an aid climb, I really liked this route. One question... do you plan on removing the fixed pin as well? It's almost translucent it's so rusted thin. If you put a greasy pizza on that thing you'd see right through it. That said... it somehow held my fat arse! (praise be to whatever higher power willed it to be so)
*Chris*

Return to New Brunswick