Cochrane Lane empty on a Saturday?

Home of Welsford's Cochrane Lane Cliffs.

Moderators: PeterA, chossmonkey, Stacey, Dom, granite_grrl, Greg, Joe

Cochrane Lane empty on a Saturday?

Postby Andrew » Sat Oct 30, 2010 10:19 pm

Wow. I was blown away. 1:00 PM arriving @ Cochrane Lane and only two cars. 4-motion Passat and older model Tiburon. One was a pair of hikers and the other some climbers. Everyone must have gone to the Halloween bouldering competition or Sunnyside.

Anyhow, it snowed a few times and went down to about 2°C. Amazing grip and traction on the rock.

Anyone else climb below zero? I'm gonna be out there until my body won't let me hold on anymore and someone will come up with me :) Ice season can wait.

ROCK ON!
Andrew

Re: Cochrane Lane empty on a Saturday?

Postby Fred » Sun Oct 31, 2010 9:18 am

We hit Sunnyside and it was an amazing day. T-shirts and no hats for a few hours in the afternoon before it got colder.
I want to go to hell... there's probably lots of rock to climb there.
Fred
Site Admin

Postby Deezydog » Sun Oct 31, 2010 12:50 pm

Season's not over yet:) That was myself and Eric F. in the tiburon. Spent the day at minky and pyramid. Super windy up on minky. Where were you climbing? Thought I heard some voices up there.
Deezydog

Postby Andrew » Sun Oct 31, 2010 1:40 pm

Exfoliated Wall - Fern Gully 5.8
Exfoliated Wall - Mental Floss 5.6
Pyramid Wall - Montezuma's Revenge 5.11c *did this one by headlamp after dark. Wow those holds can be tricky to find w/o sunlight

Got a pretty late start.

We heard a dog. `Zat your dog?

Deezydog wrote:Season's not over yet:) That was myself and Eric F. in the tiburon. Spent the day at minky and pyramid. Super windy up on minky. Where were you climbing? Thought I heard some voices up there.
Andrew

Postby *Chris* » Sun Oct 31, 2010 6:23 pm

We had 50+ climbers turn out for our Halloween Comp on Saturday Andrew... so that partially explains your empty crag.
*Chris*

Postby Dom » Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:32 am

Andrew wrote:Anyone else climb below zero? I'm gonna be out there until my body won't let me hold on anymore

We didn't see you there yesterday.

We climbed and it was cold, snowing and awesome. Lassy the farmer's dog (does anyone know her real name?) chilled with us.
So much rock, so little time
Dom

Postby Andrew » Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:25 pm

That explains the dog I heard while we were on Exfoliated. Sounded like dog was @ Joe's Garage.

Dom wrote:
Andrew wrote:Anyone else climb below zero? I'm gonna be out there until my body won't let me hold on anymore

We didn't see you there yesterday.

We climbed and it was cold, snowing and awesome. Lassy the farmer's dog (does anyone know her real name?) chilled with us.
Andrew

Postby Deezydog » Mon Nov 01, 2010 6:39 pm

Yeah the dog you heard was at Joe's garage. After Minky and pyramid we finished the day over at joe's. Eric's dog starts panicking as soon as he leaves the ground.lol Anyone heading up this coming weekend? Hoping it won't be too cold and wet.
Deezydog

Postby Andrew » Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:19 pm

Which Eric? Eric Fox's dog does that too.

Deezydog wrote:Yeah the dog you heard was at Joe's garage. After Minky and pyramid we finished the day over at joe's. Eric's dog starts panicking as soon as he leaves the ground.lol Anyone heading up this coming weekend? Hoping it won't be too cold and wet.
Andrew

Postby Deezydog » Fri Nov 05, 2010 5:25 pm

Haha yep, Eric Fox's dog, I guess little maxie is well known in these parts. lol
And on a more negative note, F$#% this rain!!!
Deezydog

Return to New Brunswick