Military Training in Welsford

Home of Welsford's Cochrane Lane Cliffs.

Moderators: PeterA, chossmonkey, Stacey, Dom, granite_grrl, Greg, Joe

Military Training in Welsford

Postby adamjgale » Tue Nov 02, 2010 5:40 pm

Folks, just dropping you a courtesy and letting you know that we will have a group in doing rappel training this coming weekend on Nov 6th and / or 7th weather permitting. We are asking for your support in that if you are doing any climbing on these two days that you leave us Exfoliated Wall. Exfoliated gives us an opportunity to run 5+ lines for training and we will hole ourselves up in this area.

If you do see us, feel free to say hi as there are a couple of climbers in the group.

Hope we do not interrupt anyone's fun.
adamjgale

Re: Military Training in Welsford

Postby Andrew » Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:10 pm

I'm sure we all appreciate the heads up. I certainly do. Thanks.

One note... I don't know if it was military or some other group, but within the last year or two, there was an occurrence where a group had printed off signs and laminated them, then fixed them to trees above routes they planned to rappel down.

I personally would like to request that if this is done again, would the group responsible kindly completely remove these signs before leaving the area. I'm not going to say I'm speaking for everyone on this; however, I'm sure many others in our climbing community feel the same way about any sort of things being left behind.

Have a great time.
Andrew

Postby theriault » Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:11 am

Witch unit/course is gonna be out there?

Marty
HCC
Marty
theriault

Postby adamjgale » Tue Nov 09, 2010 7:56 pm

Well we never got out due to flights not landing because of Halifax and the rain. I have mentioned though to folks about leaving up those signs. As we didn't get out, if there is anything up there please tear it down (other than handrails left there for safety) and I will mention it again to others to please not mark the sites.
adamjgale

Return to New Brunswick