Radioactive Rod anchor

Home of Welsford's Cochrane Lane Cliffs.

Moderators: PeterA, chossmonkey, Stacey, Dom, granite_grrl, Greg, Joe

Re: Radioactive Rod anchor

Postby Fred » Mon May 09, 2011 10:28 am

I'm planning on getting chains to extend the two 5.8 anchors over the edge.
I want to go to hell... there's probably lots of rock to climb there.
Fred
Site Admin

Postby Adam » Mon May 09, 2011 12:20 pm

Fred wrote:I'm planning on getting chains to extend the two 5.8 anchors over the edge.

that's awesome fred thanks! we were talking about this on the weekend. specifically with Gamma Burst. I find Covalence is normally fine for pulling the rope (assuming those are the two you're talking about?)
Adam

Postby Fred » Mon May 09, 2011 1:35 pm

One of those 5.8's, I forget which one, I always end up rapping on one mailon only to avoid drag and twisting. I think extended chains with sport binners will be deluxe.

When I put the anchor on Solaris my original plan was to have it on Fais Toi Pas Mal but the bolts are a bit offset on that anchor so we might need to extend with two different length chains to get the binners at the same height.

Also, some fresh tat on the Stairway To Heaven tree might be a good idea if anyone has some spare stuff kicking around. I would just double up on what is there instead of removing all the old stuff.
Fred
Site Admin

Postby Dom » Mon May 09, 2011 1:54 pm

Adam wrote:Also, some fresh tat on the Stairway To Heaven tree might be a good idea if anyone has some spare stuff kicking around. I would just double up on what is there instead of removing all the old stuff.

I'm pretty sure Stef doubled up the black webbing with some cordelette fed through the rap rings recently. Very appreciated because that webbing is not looking good up there. The sun has made it look like 20 year old tat...
So much rock, so little time
Dom

Postby *Chris* » Mon May 09, 2011 1:59 pm

I replaced it and cleaned it up yesterday. All new now.
Dom wrote:
Adam wrote:Also, some fresh tat on the Stairway To Heaven tree might be a good idea if anyone has some spare stuff kicking around. I would just double up on what is there instead of removing all the old stuff.

I'm pretty sure Stef doubled up the black webbing with some cordelette fed through the rap rings recently. Very appreciated because that webbing is not looking good up there. The sun has made it look like 20 year old tat...
It was actually only 3 years old.
*Chris*

Postby Fred » Mon May 09, 2011 2:03 pm

Nice work gents!
Fred
Site Admin

Postby Dom » Mon May 09, 2011 2:16 pm

Wow Chris good job! Maybe wet weekends aren't so bad after all, as a lot of stuff gets done. Was anything dry at SS yesterday? We managed to climb 4 routes at Pyramid yesterday and only Pass the moonshine was relatively dry and this was after the crux hehe!! We left early so maybe routes dried up after.
So much rock, so little time
Dom

Postby *Chris* » Mon May 09, 2011 2:22 pm

Found plenty of stuff dry enough to go on. That said, a lot was wet too. And yes... productive day.
*Chris*

Previous

Return to New Brunswick