Cochrane Lane Quest

Home of Welsford's Cochrane Lane Cliffs.

Moderators: PeterA, chossmonkey, Stacey, Dom, granite_grrl, Greg, Joe

Cochrane Lane Quest

Postby GKelly » Sun May 29, 2011 9:27 am

Hey all,
Stevo and I are very slowly working our way from left to right, climbing all the routes we have over looked in the past few years. Some of the routes we have climbed have been a lot of fun and don't seem to get a lot of attention. I thought I would post our findings.

"Thrash and Crash" - really fun route despite the bushes in the middle. Good gear throughout (choose placements carefully) despite a PG rating.

"middle age arete" - perhaps not neglected - deserves a thumbs up. (bolted line left of teenage arete)

"J'ai Vole ta blonde" - also not neglected - beutifull route. Hugely recommended for anyone looking to up the anti on gear! (me). Super safe falls (minus the ledge).

"Miramichi Trout Hunter" - Really fun - Super well protected crux - Rather easy compared to some other Welsford 5.8's though I think the grade is accurate.

"ride a cockhorse" - great as previously mentioned. 5.4 my buttock.

I'm not mentioning the poorer routes because I don't want to turn anyone off any routes that may be great for them.

Radical Dudes,
Greg
GKelly

Re: Cochrane Lane Quest

Postby Fred » Sun May 29, 2011 6:02 pm

Road Block is also a sweet line in that area (see new routes log). Tricky lead but TR's nice.
I want to go to hell... there's probably lots of rock to climb there.
Fred
Site Admin

Postby Dom » Mon May 30, 2011 10:18 am

GKelly wrote:"Thrash and Crash" - really fun route despite the bushes in the middle. Good gear throughout (choose placements carefully) despite a PG rating.

As you have said (choose placements carefully) I wouldn't want to test the gear in the roof hehe. It's probably good though.

And yes Middle age arête is fun and well bolted.

Fred wrote:Road Block is also a sweet line in that area (see new routes log). Tricky lead but TR's nice.

I was eyeing it while rapping from Ride a cock horse. Looks really good.

Good day indeed on Saturday. climbing in the clouds made me feel like I was in the mountains. :mrgreen:
Where was everyone?
So much rock, so little time
Dom

Postby Burley » Mon May 30, 2011 11:04 am

I was in SJ and it was raining all day Saturday... I wanted to get out... same deal on Sunday... rain. I had walls to build so it wasn't a sit on my butt or climb kind of a decision.
Burley

Postby GKelly » Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:17 pm

Hey all, another route that should get some credit is Pursuit of Happiness. Don't shy away because of the grade! If you stick clip the bolt there is a "rope jug" at the crux. Bad style? Perhaps. It's worth it to get to the rest of the route though.

Also, auntie mary's canary is definatly worth the ramble.

Greg
GKelly

Return to New Brunswick