Kingston Crag

Home of Welsford's Cochrane Lane Cliffs.

Moderators: PeterA, chossmonkey, Stacey, Dom, granite_grrl, Greg, Joe

Kingston Crag

Postby Greg » Mon May 30, 2011 5:50 pm

New route:

Jabba the Hut 5.5 30'/S(3)/T
FFA: S. Hughes, G. Hughes 2011.05.22
The start is found on the large picnic ledge above Awestruck/Kareoke. Easy, fun climbing up a series of jugs to a small ledge and anchor.
Greg

Re: Kingston Crag

Postby Deezydog » Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:05 pm

Jumped on this one today. Fun little climb, except for those damn black and red ants. Several of them on the rock itself and a lot more on the ground at the ledge. Partner was bit by one while climbing, which provided some amusement at the belay;) Moved down to monster's garden area after that and got rid of the ants. Very impressed with this climbing area though, much appreciation to the folks who put in the work there:) Just discovered this place recently, looking forward to climbing there a lot this season as I live pretty close by. What would you recommend as some of the best routes?
Deezydog

Postby Zach Taylor » Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:50 pm

Deezydog wrote: What would you recommend as some of the best routes?

You should definitely hop on Jester, Err to the throne and Odysseus. Enkidu is another cool route, a nice bouldery start with an easy finish.
Zach Taylor

Postby Dom » Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:28 am

Deezydog wrote:Jumped on this one today. Fun little climb, except for those damn black and red ants. Several of them on the rock itself and a lot more on the ground at the ledge. Partner was bit by one while climbing, which provided some amusement at the belay;) Moved down to monster's garden area after that and got rid of the ants. Very impressed with this climbing area though, much appreciation to the folks who put in the work there:) Just discovered this place recently, looking forward to climbing there a lot this season as I live pretty close by. What would you recommend as some of the best routes?

If you were there yesterday can you please make a bug report in the bug index. (i.e. blackflies) Thanks,
Dom
So much rock, so little time
Dom

Postby motanb » Thu Jun 09, 2011 1:47 pm

Try 'Medusa', 5.6. It climbs the obvious arete/rib feature left of Jester wall area. Climb is bolt protected with rap anchors.
Thomas

"When you get to the top.... Keep climbing"

~ JaphyRyder
motanb

Postby Greg » Thu Jun 09, 2011 10:16 pm

My top three would be Glooscap, Kareoke and Nothing But Air.
Greg

Postby Stacey » Mon Jul 11, 2011 6:25 am

My absolutel favourite is Err to the Throne....and a close second is Aphrodite...it's the farthest right...it just some more traffic!
''When one tugs at a single thing in nature, he finds it attached to the rest of the world.''
~John Muir
Stacey

Return to New Brunswick