Agent Orange

Home of Welsford's Cochrane Lane Cliffs.

Moderators: PeterA, chossmonkey, Stacey, Dom, granite_grrl, Greg, Joe

Agent Orange

Postby GKelly » Mon Jul 18, 2011 3:26 pm

"Agent Orange" has got to be one of the greatest routes in Welsford! Get on it!

Thanks Fred!

Greg
GKelly

Re: Agent Orange

Postby Fred » Mon Jul 18, 2011 4:59 pm

hahaha

I duno if it's one of the greatest but it's definitely fun. The only down side to the route is that only the bolted section is really worth climbing and it's only 4 bolts long. Nonetheless, I agree, it's a great climb.

How did the new bolt anchor (installed by Dom) work out?

Next time you are at Upper Tier, check out Hole In My Pocket!!!
I want to go to hell... there's probably lots of rock to climb there.
Fred
Site Admin

Postby GKelly » Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:48 pm

The new bolt anchor is great for the 5.7 (can't think of the name) to the right. Also a fun route. I found it a little out of the way for Agent Orange because I was intent on finishing on the fun features that are straight up from the bolts. It is certainly doable to finish to the right on the bolts though and wouldn't take a lot away from the route.

Given the awsomeness of the route I think it would be great to have a seperate set of bolts but I'll climb it either way.
I'll check out the route you suggested. I've already forgot the name. Heck'n nouns.

Greg
GKelly

Postby SteveK » Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:52 pm

GKelly wrote:The new bolt anchor is great for the 5.7 (can't think of the name) to the right.

Wile E Coyote?
SteveK

Postby Dom » Tue Jul 19, 2011 2:26 pm

Fred wrote:How did the new bolt anchor (installed by Dom) work out?

GKelly wrote:The new bolt anchor is great for the 5.7 (can't think of the name) to the right. Also a fun route. I found it a little out of the way for Agent Orange because I was intent on finishing on the fun features that are straight up from the bolts. It is certainly doable to finish to the right on the bolts though and wouldn't take a lot away from the route.

Funny story, Luc decided to go up there to install the anchor while I was at the bottom of the route pointing him where the route ends. It was down-pouring and he was wearing jeans. These jeans were not made out of Gore-tex heheh.
Anyways, our intent was to make an anchor that could be used for both Wile E. Coyote and Agent orange. We decided to put it a little more towards Wile E. Coyote seeing as if you really wanted to continue up on Agent orange, you could use a tree further. The main reason why we did install one is because I have seen too many people use that dead looking tree in the alcove for an anchor.

I saw people climbing Agent orange on Saturday and they were using the anchor. I asked them what they thought of it and they mentioned that they liked it but maybe it should be extended further to clip from the alcove. I told them we intentionally put it on the lip to keep the top-out portion of the climb.
So much rock, so little time
Dom

Return to New Brunswick