Greenlaw Updates

Home of Welsford's Cochrane Lane Cliffs.

Moderators: PeterA, chossmonkey, Stacey, Dom, granite_grrl, Greg, Joe

Greenlaw Updates

Postby Fred » Mon Jun 20, 2005 8:08 am

we went to Greenlaw yesterday to work on some projects. The trail was crazy wet. It must have downpoored because the wooden bridges/logs were all moved around. The water must have been high enough to float the logs. Here's what we accomplished:

1. Finally bolted "Space Invaders 5.12b". sport 5 bolts. I led the route but took a rest at the 4th bolt so the route is still a project untill further notice.

2. Got the FFA of "Indians 5.11b" and cleaned 3/4 of the route. Still have to clean the bottom 1/4 but it was damp so it didn't brush very well. This route is not a project anymore so feel free to climb it. It's a bit dirty at the bottom.

3. Luke cleaned most of "Miss Conception" but the route is so dirty it will need another scrubbing.
I want to go to hell... there's probably lots of rock to climb there.
Fred
Site Admin

Postby Fred » Sun Jul 03, 2005 9:03 pm

Beauty day in Greenlaw today. Finally bagged the FA for Space Invaders. Amazing route! Jamie made it look so easy I totaly questioned the grade. Jamie also bolted another mixed line on Mothership wall. Post your info here Jamie and I'll add it to the online guidebook. Eve, our future talent, was also on site studying our every move. Derek says she's started crimping already. Still lots of room for new lines. Greenlaw is shapping into a very nice sport crag. Fourteen people out today. wow!
Fred
Site Admin

Postby mitchleblanc » Mon Jul 04, 2005 12:41 am

No offense to Jamie, eh? He does it, so it must be easy? hahaha.
mitchleblanc

Postby martha » Mon Jul 04, 2005 7:19 am

That isn't what Fred meant Mitch. The route goes at at least a 12b and Jamie himself was surprised to have floated it so easily. Totally his style of climbing. Fred worked the route a few times before sending ground up.

Though after discussing, I think that Fred's height is a bad thing with this route, in one spot that is in tight quarters, Jamie had little problem, though I think Fred would say that point is one of his crux's.
The phrase "working mother" is redundant. ~Jane Sellman

If a husband speaks in the woods, and his wife is not there to hear him...is he still wrong?
martha

Postby martha » Mon Jul 04, 2005 7:35 am

I should add that Jamie climbs hard as hell!!! he is crazy strong!!! :)

If a husband speaks in the woods, and his wife is not there to hear him...is he still wrong?
martha

Postby mitchleblanc » Mon Jul 04, 2005 7:35 am

Sure it wasn't. Admit it.. Fred is an elitist. You are all. You can't stand to see anyone climbing harder than you. You want climbing to be only for the hardcores.. such a load of crap. You make me sick.
mitchleblanc

Postby Fred » Mon Jul 04, 2005 7:50 am

mitchleblanc wrote:Sure it wasn't. Admit it.. Fred is an elitist. You are all. You can't stand to see anyone climbing harder than you. You want climbing to be only for the hardcores.. such a load of crap. You make me sick.

Mitch, you are absolutely right. That's why I've planned to bomb the plane you will be on when you come back home. There's only room for one rockstar at this crag. LOL

see you soon man :lol:
Fred
Site Admin

Postby mitchleblanc » Mon Jul 04, 2005 7:54 am

I think you mean craig. There's only room for one rockstar at this craig.

Anyway man, you can't bomb my plane. My pinch strength is so good now, I'll just pinch the bomb so hard it will de-fuse. Then I'll pinch your girlie craigs and the bolts will pop out under the stress.
mitchleblanc

Postby martha » Mon Jul 04, 2005 7:57 am

oh gawd.

:roll:

martha

Postby mitchleblanc » Mon Jul 04, 2005 8:02 am

Careful! Anyone who rolls their eyes at my pinch strength stands the risk of being pinched to death!
mitchleblanc

Return to New Brunswick