FFA Sith at Sunnyside

Home of Welsford's Cochrane Lane Cliffs.

Moderators: PeterA, chossmonkey, Stacey, Dom, granite_grrl, Greg, Joe

FFA Sith at Sunnyside

Postby Dom » Sat Aug 27, 2011 8:41 pm

I got the FFA of Sith at Sunnyside and am upgrading the grade from a proposed 5.10d to 5.11a.

I gotta say this is a real nice route with some cool features.

354. SITH 5.11a 40'/S(5)/B(2)

FA: A.Morgan 2006
FFA: D. Caron, F. Bérubé 2011.08.27
Left most bolted line on Darkside wall. Pull through the roof then easier climbing to the top. Bolted by A. Morgan.
So much rock, so little time
Dom

Re: FFA Sith at Sunnyside

Postby Greg » Sun Aug 28, 2011 1:56 pm

Nice work Dom and Fred!
Greg

Postby Adam » Sat Sep 03, 2011 7:12 pm

umm, i FFA'd that a couple years ago when i bolted it. must have forgotten to post it - sorry to steal ur glory! glad you like it tho :)
Adam

Postby Dom » Sun Sep 11, 2011 7:14 pm

Cool I thought you had told me that it was an open project but in retrospect I think you were talking about the TR route wish you were here. Anyways Sith is a very fun route and Darkside is a little less dark since Fred spent time landscaping around there.
So much rock, so little time
Dom

Postby Adam » Sun Sep 11, 2011 9:38 pm

ah, yeah wish you were here has not been equipped to be led yet.... but there are the two bolted lines in the middle of the wall that are open projects - have at em!

glad you liked Sith... i don't think it ever gets traffic and has some great climbing, especially the roof at the start.
Adam

Postby Fred » Mon Sep 12, 2011 7:42 pm

I will definitely be climbing Sith again! Sweet route.
I want to go to hell... there's probably lots of rock to climb there.
Fred
Site Admin

Postby PeterA » Thu Sep 15, 2011 10:44 am

Adam wrote:ah, yeah wish you were here has not been equipped to be led yet.... but there are the two bolted lines in the middle of the wall that are open projects - have at em!

I think I did one of those routes, but I can't remember which one. I think I did a slight variaton to it at the top though, I seem to recall moving right after the last bolt to avoid a wet spot or something along those lines.

-PJ
PeterA

Postby Adam » Sat Sep 17, 2011 12:52 am

PeterA wrote:
Adam wrote:ah, yeah wish you were here has not been equipped to be led yet.... but there are the two bolted lines in the middle of the wall that are open projects - have at em!

I think I did one of those routes, but I can't remember which one. I think I did a slight variaton to it at the top though, I seem to recall moving right after the last bolt to avoid a wet spot or something along those lines.

-PJ

if i recall what you told me at the time PJ, you climbed the start to that line under the tree but when the bolts ran out you traversed right into the left hand of the two lines i am talking about. the line you started on i believe was put up by Burley but i do not know the name of it.
Adam

Postby PeterA » Sat Sep 17, 2011 1:36 pm

Adam wrote:
PeterA wrote:

-PJ

if i recall what you told me at the time PJ, you climbed the start to that line under the tree but when the bolts ran out you traversed right into the left hand of the two lines i am talking about. the line you started on i believe was put up by Burley but i do not know the name of it.

Ah that could be it, sounds about right. All I remember about the route is hard crimps right after the roof.

-PJ
PeterA

Return to New Brunswick