Possible new route right of The Crush

Home of Welsford's Cochrane Lane Cliffs.

Moderators: PeterA, chossmonkey, Stacey, Dom, granite_grrl, Greg, Joe

Possible new route right of The Crush

Postby GKelly » Sun Sep 11, 2011 5:14 pm

Hey kids,

Steve Keith, Colin Jennings and I climbed a route to the right of the crush today that was super fun. It starts on the small boulder at the base of the crush. While looking at the crush the climb starts on the face to the right. It goes through a few small cracks while trending left to hit the perpindicular chimneys. You are forced into the left chimney and up through the hole ( you will know it when you see it ).
The route goes at about 5.9 and protects great. I will not claim an FFA because I lead it before I did any cleaning and had to weight a cam. I did some cleaning but it could use a little more though it's very climbable in present condition.
This is not a please stay off it kinda deal. Get on it and have fun. Don't forget to climb chatty cracks ( beautiful route ) while you are up there.

Greg
GKelly

Re: Possible new route right of The Crush

Postby ColinJ » Thu Sep 15, 2011 11:20 am

I second that this was a fun route with some interesting climbing. I'm new to the sport so thanks to Greg and Steve for helping me get up.

Climbing the chimney ups the fun factor and gives a good motivation to loose a few a inches.
ColinJ

Return to New Brunswick