Rumney trash

Home of Welsford's Cochrane Lane Cliffs.

Moderators: PeterA, chossmonkey, Stacey, Dom, granite_grrl, Greg, Joe

Rumney trash

Postby Dom » Mon Oct 24, 2011 5:02 pm

I was at Rumney this weekend and stayed over at the Camara farm (across the road from the cliffs.) She remembers the New-Brunswickers as ''the ones who left all that garbage on Columbus day weekend.'' Good way to represent the NB climbing community guys...
So much rock, so little time
Dom

Re: Rumney trash

Postby Fred » Mon Oct 24, 2011 5:13 pm

For the record. I had zero garbage to contribute. I ate out every day and I don't drink.
I want to go to hell... there's probably lots of rock to climb there.
Fred
Site Admin

Postby theriault » Mon Oct 24, 2011 5:16 pm

I was responsible for a lot of camp ground noise, but no trash!
Marty
theriault

Postby Dom » Mon Oct 24, 2011 5:18 pm

Thanks Fred, Not trying to find the culprit(s) here. They know who they are and might not even read this. Just a reminder to pack out everything, the lady has no dumpster and the town of Plymouth has tons of 'em. Heck the parking lot of Rumney has garbages.
Dom

Postby Fred » Mon Oct 24, 2011 5:26 pm

I'm pretty sure I remember seeing big garbage bags with everything collected... so I wonder if the last ones to leave just didn't bring the bags to dumpster.
Fred
Site Admin

Postby Stacey » Mon Oct 24, 2011 5:31 pm

sounds like that may have been the case....(leaving the garbage bags)...I'm sure it wasn't intentional by any of the parties who were involved ... I know my empty wine bottles came home with me...haha - I laughed when I unpacked them...I brought my trash back to Canada :D
''When one tugs at a single thing in nature, he finds it attached to the rest of the world.''
~John Muir
Stacey

Postby Dom » Mon Oct 24, 2011 5:59 pm

I reread my original message and I was told that it seems like I'm blaming the whole group that was there over Thanksgiving weekend. That wasn't my intention and I'm sorry if I offended anyone in the process.

My message should've been: Whoever is responsible thanks for making New-Brunswickers look like slobs, next time pack out everything.Thanks.
Dom

Postby CaliMan » Mon Oct 24, 2011 6:08 pm

I can take blame for leaving trash bags. I guess I wasn't clear on garbage disposal. Nobody was around when we pulled pin and we should have checked with the lady before leaving. I figured they would make extra coin from returnables. Everything was boxed or bagged, sitting by the picnic table. My apologies to the community, I will send her a letter as well.

Cal
CaliMan

Postby Nihoa » Mon Oct 24, 2011 6:44 pm

not good enough. i want to see you stand at the hike in at welsford for the next 3 weeks with a big sign around your neck that says 'im a dirty, dirty boy.'

CaliMan wrote:I can take blame for leaving trash bags. I guess I wasn't clear on garbage disposal. Nobody was around when we pulled pin and we should have checked with the lady before leaving. I figured they would make extra coin from returnables. Everything was boxed or bagged, sitting by the picnic table. My apologies to the community, I will send her a letter as well.

Cal
Nihoa

Postby Fred » Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:09 pm

It was an honnest mistake that anyone could have done. Don't be too hard on yourself Cal. It's not exactly spelled out what the policies are at that place so to assume they might do rounds and pick up garbage is understandable IMO. After all, it was all in large bags, not all strewn about.

Fred
Fred
Site Admin

Postby Stacey » Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:18 pm

Nihoa wrote:not good enough. i want to see you stand at the hike in at welsford for the next 3 weeks with a big sign around your neck that says 'im a dirty, dirty boy.'

CaliMan wrote:I can take blame for leaving trash bags. I guess I wasn't clear on garbage disposal. Nobody was around when we pulled pin and we should have checked with the lady before leaving. I figured they would make extra coin from returnables. Everything was boxed or bagged, sitting by the picnic table. My apologies to the community, I will send her a letter as well.

Cal

Mark...you just made me belly laugh for a long time...Calvin - there is your costume for Saturday night :twisted:
''When one tugs at a single thing in nature, he finds it attached to the rest of the world.''
~John Muir
Stacey

Postby Dom » Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:11 pm

Yeah it's not the end of the world. Now you and everyone that read the forum know :P

Fred wrote:It's not exactly spelled out what the policies are at that place.

We told the lady and the man that and they said that it is clearly written black on white in the contract you sign that they do not take trash.
The man said they would probably put up a sign next year.

I'm just the messenger here and we told the lady that we'd let everyone know which I did tonight.
Dom

Postby Fred » Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:53 pm

Maybe... but they don't leave you a copy of the contract and is it realistic to expect someone to read it while handing your money over? Just playing Devil's advocat here.
Fred
Site Admin

Postby CaliMan » Tue Oct 25, 2011 6:55 am

I wouldn't want signs or dumpsters around if I was (hypothetically) running a campground under the table.
CaliMan

Return to New Brunswick