new route - Bear Mtn

Home of Welsford's Cochrane Lane Cliffs.

Moderators: PeterA, chossmonkey, Stacey, Dom, granite_grrl, Greg, Joe

new route - Bear Mtn

Postby PeterA » Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:33 pm

This is a wildly unique route with continuously excellent movement
Smaug 5.12b 50'/S(6)/R(2)
FA: J. Adamson
FFA: J. Adamson, P. Adamson 17.06.12
Found on the Dragon's Reign wall, 20' left of the corner at the right side of the wall. Pull up onto flakes, then traverse left across the only pocket on the blank face to another flake. Continue up past bolts to anchors on a ledge.

Route has been added to the online guidebook at steveadamson.com/guidebook.aspx

-PJ
PeterA

Re: new route - Bear Mtn

Postby Dom » Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:49 pm

Cool. can't wait to get on it! looks awesome! You called it Bear Mountain! I thought it you were calling it Bald hill now?? Irving calls it Bald Mountain on their signs. I like Bald cloud Bear Mountain :mrgreen:

Also PJ, I'm going through the online guidebook, just wondering when is the last time you climbed Middle Age arête? I think it's harder than 5.11c...definitely harder than all of the other routes of that grade I've climbed in the Welsford area. I'm talking about the crux before the anchor. I'm pretty sure a hold or two broke off, hence why I ask when is the last time you climbed it. It may be time to revisit that grade...
So much rock, so little time
Dom

Re: new route - Bear Mtn

Postby PeterA » Sun Jun 17, 2012 10:00 pm

Dom wrote:Also PJ, I'm going through the online guidebook, just wondering when is the last time you climbed Middle Age arête? I think it's harder than 5.11c...definitely harder than all of the other routes of that grade I've climbed in the Welsford area. I'm talking about the crux before the anchor. I'm pretty sure a hold or two broke off, hence why I ask when is the last time you climbed it. It may be time to revisit that grade...

Haven't been on that climb since just after I put it up, so it's quite possible that things have changed. I cant give any up to date info on it unfortunately.

-PJ
PeterA

Return to New Brunswick