Route cleaning/trail maintenance

Home of Welsford's Cochrane Lane Cliffs.

Moderators: PeterA, chossmonkey, Stacey, Dom, granite_grrl, Greg, Joe

Re: Route cleaning/trail maintenance

Postby theriault » Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:45 pm

*Chris* wrote:Dan, If they are speaking about the tree that's down as you get near to Pyramid... that's small enough to clear with a hand tool like a buck-saw. If they are speaking about cleaning up the slash at Simpson... I think a chainsaw would be worth lugging.

+1
Marty
theriault

Postby Caldsy » Tue Apr 30, 2013 2:28 pm

*Chris* wrote:Dan, If they are speaking about the tree that's down as you get near to Pyramid... that's small enough to clear with a hand tool like a buck-saw. If they are speaking about cleaning up the slash at Simpson... I think a chainsaw would be worth lugging.

haha Thanks for the insight... I think I'll bring a hand saw with me and leave the chainsaw at home. I don't want any involvement in the slash party!
Caldsy

Postby Dom » Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:24 pm

I think there's enough fallen trees to warrant bringing a chainsaw. Who has been to the Attic/UT this year?? Lots of natural tree felling (rockfall) happened at the Stairway on the way to the Attic/UT this Winter. Plus there's a bunch fallen trees down at Exfoliated that are in the way. Save your arms, bring your chainsaw. And BTW thanks a lot for helping out Dan!
So much rock, so little time
Dom

Postby Caldsy » Wed May 01, 2013 8:31 am

Dom wrote:I think there's enough fallen trees to warrant bringing a chainsaw. Who has been to the Attic/UT this year?? Lots of natural tree felling (rockfall) happened at the Stairway on the way to the Attic/UT this Winter. Plus there's a bunch fallen trees down at Exfoliated that are in the way. Save your arms, bring your chainsaw. And BTW thanks a lot for helping out Dan!

alright thanks again for the update. Chainsaw it is...
Caldsy

Previous

Return to New Brunswick