Hampton question

Home of Welsford's Cochrane Lane Cliffs.

Moderators: PeterA, chossmonkey, Stacey, Dom, granite_grrl, Greg, Joe

Hampton question

Postby Dom » Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:14 am

Hey at the un-named wall in Hampton there are 3 routes. The old guidebook says two routes and there is nothing in the New routes thread concerning a new route there. Anyone know the history, grade on this route? It would be beside Duke 5.11 and Just Mental 5.10. Shawn B. or Joe, you guys put up those routes , any idea?

Also, there seems to be new routes on the Tsunami Wall. Are they still project at this point?

Just wondering for the new comprehensive guidebook.
So much rock, so little time
Dom

Re: Hampton question

Postby cory » Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:29 am

Those two are the authorities, but in the interim, I believe that was Jester Wall named for the hardest of the 3 routes Jester (5.12?)
cory

Postby Stacey » Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:06 pm

Jester is at the Kingston Crag, on the Lake Road on the Peninsula

I believe that Dom is referring to the Hampton Marsh (the one on the Norton Shore Road)
''When one tugs at a single thing in nature, he finds it attached to the rest of the world.''
~John Muir
Stacey

Postby Dom » Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:38 pm

Stacey wrote:Jester is at the Kingston Crag, on the Lake Road on the Peninsula

I believe that Dom is referring to the Hampton Marsh (the one on the Norton Shore Road)

Yes this is the Wall I'm referring to:

If I look at the old guide description the one on the left would be Just Mental, the one in the middle would be Duke and then the one on the right would be?
Maybe an old abandoned project?
So much rock, so little time
Dom

Postby Shawn B » Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:22 pm

This might be stretching my memory just a bit...I think it was 15 or maybe more years ago we did these. Yes the left one is just mental and the middle duke. Don't think the right was led...heck can't even remember if we bolted it or just tr'd. The right line's name escapes me right now but does anyone remember the video game duke nukem? The right one was named after another "person" in the game. Do remember it was in the 12 range. Wasn't worth dealing with the ahole in the yellow house to the right to climb there anymore. A real dickhead. Joe might have something to add.
Safety third!!!
Shawn B

Postby Joe » Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:16 pm

Yeah, what Shawn said... furthest right was bolted in the mid 90's but never lead. A few people including Ziggy gave it a try but didn't get it. So it's a friggin hard open project. Go for it.
Joe

Postby coryhal » Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:52 am

Tsunami wall.... The right of the two bolted lines is a 12a that ian and I have climbed, think he has a name,the left one is a project that we were very close to sending 12+.... We've had some trouble with the land owners neighour .... Don't think we've have acess yet so that cliff should probably be considered " closed "till then.

Oh and dan and I climbed that right most bolted line at the unnamed wall, using the arete on the right it goes at 5.8....the direct is very hard.
coryhal

Return to New Brunswick