New route Parlee Brook

Home of Welsford's Cochrane Lane Cliffs.

Moderators: PeterA, chossmonkey, Stacey, Dom, granite_grrl, Greg, Joe

New route Parlee Brook

Postby theriault » Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:13 pm

this is a rare formation, I have never seen this form in the past! wicked technical route! Since hurricane Irene passed through 2 years ago, I've noticed that some flows have changed a bit in the gully, this could be a result of her passing.

Marty's Choice - WI4+ R, 20m FFA M. Theriault, S. Arcand 05/01/13
20m left of Patrick's Choice, climb a solid ice ramp to an overhanging chandelired curtain, challenging technical climbing and almost unexistant protection through the crux. Seldom forms.
Marty
theriault

Re: New route Parlee Brook

Postby Greg » Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:40 pm

theriault wrote:this is a rare formation, I have never seen this form in the past! wicked technical route! Since hurricane Irene passed through 2 years ago, I've noticed that some flows have changed a bit in the gully, this could be a result of her passing.

Marty's Choice - WI4+ R, 20m FFA M. Theriault, S. Arcand 05/01/13
20m left of Patrick's Choice, climb a solid ice ramp to an overhanging chandelired curtain, challenging technical climbing and almost unexistant protection through the crux. Seldom forms.

Sounds cool Marty. Any photos? How many screws did you place?
Greg

Postby theriault » Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:32 am

no pics, sorry, its pretty obvious when you get in there. I placed 2 screws on the lower slabs then the curtain was way to thin and chandeliered to protect, it might fill in but will probably stay pretty delicate, fun route but very deceiving ... harder than it looks from the ground.
Marty
theriault

Postby Greg » Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:38 am

Sweet. I look forward to checking it out. Nice send Marty.
Greg

Postby theriault » Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:05 pm

Greg wrote:Sweet. I look forward to checking it out. Nice send Marty.

Thanks!
She's Fun! You'll enjoy it!
Marty
theriault

Postby theriault » Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:31 am

Montagne Russes Hivernal WI3 60m FFA M.Theriault, L. Gallant, S. Arcand 12/01/13
Head into the drainage system left (climbers left) of HullHolmes, 3 x 10m walls separated by snow fields. Descent to the right in the forest. The second wall is a nice funky pillar!
Marty
theriault

Postby cory » Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:45 am

I am naive when it comes to ice climbing but I think there are some contradictions with the new route descripton
theriault wrote:Montagne Russes Hivernal WI3
theriault. It's probably just semantics, but just in case it's relevant to those trying to find it, I'll point it out for you to clarify:
1) it's given 60m in the stats, but is only 3X10 (=30) in the description.
2) three people are listed on the FA team, as is the word solo. It can't be both.
cory

Postby theriault » Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:07 pm

Cory, for the height, its 3x10m plus the snow fields, your still climbing upwards, its just not technical.... 10+10+10+snowfields=route
And for the FA party, solo was added because all three of us where unroped during the FA.... Does thins answer all you questions?!?
Marty
theriault

Return to New Brunswick