Patagonia

Home of Welsford's Cochrane Lane Cliffs.

Moderators: PeterA, chossmonkey, Stacey, Dom, granite_grrl, Greg, Joe

Patagonia

Postby max » Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:42 pm

Hey Folks,

So as a lot of you know I was in patagonia and now have returned home with an injury. I'm doing well and not going to stir crazy.... doing lots of fingerboard and ice tool work outs and reading too.

Something very cool I learned today was that Cory Hall and I made the 2nd and 3rd Canadian ascent of the Ragni Route on Cerro Torre. The 1st Canadian ascent was by Jon Walsh maybe 1hr before us(this was on christmas day). And on New Years the first all Canadian team ascent was done by Chris Brazeau, Paul McSorley and Tony Richardson. Thought that was pretty neat.

Also on the trip to Chalten I climbed the Supercanalata on Fitz Roy with James Monypenny (British) who is climbing with Cory in Frey right now, and a Japanese fellow who we more rope gunned for..... he was there to climb solo and thought it a good idea he roped up with us instead he didn't want to lead anything... what was he doing there??

Anyway thought it was cool info to share with the community. If you're interested in seeing photo's and reading about my time in patagonia check out: www.nowasteddaylight.blogspot.com for what I think is fun a read.

Hope you're all having a great ice season whether it's climbing rock in the sun or enjoying the excellent ice NB hasto offer. Wish I could join you all!

Climb Hard and Safe!
Cheers,
Max
max

Re: Patagonia

Postby Dom » Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:36 pm

Hey Max. That was a great read.

What I love with climbing is that when one climber gets hurt, others won't hesitate to drop what they're doing to help out as much as they can. Up there in the moutains, that is the only insurance you get.

When will you be able to climb again? Are you going to linger in NB in the Spring? Keep in touch man and see you at Banff Film Fest.
So much rock, so little time
Dom

Postby max » Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:12 pm

yeah it is pretty sweet how people/climbing people gather to help for sure!

planning on being around until latish march... i have commitments out on van island in april.... so lingering for a bit haha

yeah see ya at the film fest for sure!
max

Postby Greg » Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:21 am

Hey Max that was a great read. Thanks for sharing your adventures with us. Sorry about your mishap. Glad you got out safely. Props to you and Cory for representing NB in good style while down in Patagonia.
Greg

Postby Stacey » Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:16 pm

I always love reading your blog Max, and about your adventures (epic or not)...glad you're back safe and sound!
''When one tugs at a single thing in nature, he finds it attached to the rest of the world.''
~John Muir
Stacey

Postby coryhal » Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:04 am

cerro torre edit is out...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=torE11ndR0E

enjoy
coryhal

Postby Joe » Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:04 pm

Hey Max, sorry to hear about your leg, I hope it's healing nicely. Looks like you were having a pretty damn good trip, it's a great story. But I suggest you be more discriminating in the partners you choose!

Boys, that's a hell of a video, awesome looking climbing. Cory I look forward to your slideshow. Return home safe.
Joe

Return to New Brunswick