Bouldering in NB

Home of Welsford's Cochrane Lane Cliffs.

Moderators: PeterA, chossmonkey, Stacey, Dom, granite_grrl, Greg, Joe

Bouldering in NB

Postby Earl » Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:51 pm

My family and I moved up to PEI last summer and the only bouldering I know of in the area is Halifax. I was just wondering if there are any bouldering areas in NB? Any guidebooks for those areas. I've read about the UNB woodlot, is that worth a trip? Any climbing at all on the North Shore? Thanks for any help.
Earl

Re: Bouldering in NB

Postby cory » Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:16 pm

http://mygoodacorn.blogspot.ca/ has links to the online guidebooks for Munson Lake (destination worthy, though still early in the development phase) and Cape Spencer (not worth the trip from PEI) as well as stories and updates on those and other locations.

There are some boulders scattered throughout Welsford, most established more than 10 years ago and seldom repeated so are overgrown and no guide exists. The Woodlot has great, unique rock, but doesn't get the local traffic it deserves, so tends to quickly get overgrown, as well. Even if it were pristine, though, there's not enough to justify a trip from the Island.

With a few stand alone exceptions, nothing solid has been found beyond these areas. But that doesn't necessarily mean that good rock doesn't exist. If you find anything, please share!
cory

Re: Bouldering in NB

Postby Earl » Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:36 pm

Thanks Goodman. I'll let you know if I find anything. Climb safe.

-Earl
Earl

Return to New Brunswick