New to Saint John, looking for climbing buddies!

Home of Welsford's Cochrane Lane Cliffs.

Moderators: PeterA, chossmonkey, Stacey, Dom, granite_grrl, Greg, Joe

New to Saint John, looking for climbing buddies!

Postby kinesthete » Thu May 30, 2013 10:27 am

Hi!

I just moved to Saint John from Providence, RI, and I'm looking for people to climb with this summer (and afterward). I climb ~5.10 (and occasional 11s) and am comfortable leading (sport) a couple of grades below that. I have my own gear and a handful of draws, but no rope. Any contacts/connections/etc. would be greatly appreciated. I hear there's good outdoor climbing around here, and I'd love to get on some of that...and make some friends!

Lindsay
kinesthete

Re: New to Saint John, looking for climbing buddies!

Postby cory » Thu May 30, 2013 1:28 pm

Welcome! You picked a great climbing city. There are 650 routes (new guidebook will be out in one month) and hundreds of boulder problems in our back yard. Some really nice stuff is even within city limits!

I'll send you a PM (login and you'll see it under messages) with my contact info. I get out at least a couple days a week of bouldering, trad and sport, and don't mind being a walking guidebook at least until you can pick up your own :wink:
cory

Postby paymaneh » Sat Jun 01, 2013 2:33 pm

Hey guys I am new comer to Moncton and I am looking for partner here as well!! I couldn't find any indoor places for practicing, do you know any in this city? Can you introduce some body that I go for routine practicing? I missed my practices a lot :(
I have gears and my robe is on the way to here by post, so I have every thing but no place to practice and no partner :(
paymaneh

Postby Pierre » Mon Jun 03, 2013 8:24 am

Hey guys I am new comer to Moncton and I am looking for partner here as well!! I couldn't find any indoor places for practicing, do you know any in this city? Can you introduce some body that I go for routine practicing? I missed my practices a lot
I have gears and my robe is on the way to here by post, so I have every thing but no place to practice and no partner

Here's a link that may help out.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/8249039540/
Pierre

Postby david » Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:50 pm

paymaneh, I live about 20 minutes north of Moncton. I have a garage wall, it is small but it is something. If you promise not to wear your robe :D , you're more than welcome to come by for some training sessions. I don't climb outside much right now, but I could be easily convinced to show you the local crags. Send a private message or email ddrolet at mta.ca
david

Return to New Brunswick