Fixed tat

Home of Welsford's Cochrane Lane Cliffs.

Moderators: PeterA, chossmonkey, Stacey, Dom, granite_grrl, Greg, Joe

Fixed tat

Postby Shawn B » Mon Jul 22, 2013 1:59 pm

Just a reminder to check all soft fixed tat before use (and all fixed gear for that matter). I removed the fixed tat from Warm & Sultry last night. The cord was chewed or something. One of the tails coming out of the knot was gone right at the knot and all frayed. Beside that fact it was old and cut very easy with a knife. Will replace next time I'm there. Also a few weeks ago the left bolt on the About a Rope anchor was loose and spinning. It was the left one which takes all the force due to it being higher than the other and the direction of the rap being climbers right. Didn't have a wrench so snugged it by hand as best I could.
Safety third!!!
Shawn B

Re: Fixed tat

Postby *Chris* » Mon Jul 22, 2013 7:09 pm

Thanks for the head's up Shawn. Just as a quick FYI... the odd bolt configuration was to accommodate rock quality. Spent a while up there tapping the hammer to the face to find the spots with the best sound. There was a hollow spot a bit too close to where the textbook anchor placement would have been. As you know... a spinning hanger isn't really a big concern compared to sound rock quality. Cheers.
*Chris*

Postby Dom » Tue Aug 13, 2013 1:18 pm

Hey Shawn,
Did you replace the tats on W & S Evening? Not trying to call you out or anything, just wondering because if not I can do it. I have acquired 100 ft of Sterling 7mm cord from an "anonymous source" - cough club cough :wink: and want to see it used as much as possible to replace aging tat at Cochrane Lane.

As for the bolts on the anchor of About a Rope, they seemed equalized...anyways Marty tightened it with his special nut tool the other day.
So much rock, so little time
Dom

Postby Shawn B » Tue Aug 13, 2013 3:37 pm

done
Safety third!!!
Shawn B

Return to New Brunswick