looking for partner(s) in St. Andrews area

Home of Welsford's Cochrane Lane Cliffs.

Moderators: PeterA, chossmonkey, Stacey, Dom, granite_grrl, Greg, Joe

looking for partner(s) in St. Andrews area

Postby Lauren S » Fri Sep 06, 2013 1:27 pm

Hi, I'm staying in St. Andrews until around Sept. 25th, and I'd really like to get out and climb something, if anyone's willing to show me the ropes (pun intended). I have a rope and a few QDs, but no guidebook. I'm not familiar with any climbing in the area whatsoever.

I'm free to climb in the afternoon/evening any day of the week. I have a car, and am willing to do some driving as long as it's not too far- I work everyday of the week, weather permitting (I'm a field biologist). I climb in the 5.10 range, but not sure how the ratings here compare to Wyoming, where I was last living and climbing. I can lead up to about that level in sport, but I prefer to not lead all that much. Can't lead trad-- or at least I haven't on anything higher than a 5.4, but I enjoy following.

Thanks!

Lauren
Lauren S

Re: looking for partner(s) in St. Andrews area

Postby Heidi » Fri Sep 20, 2013 6:16 pm

Hey, wish i would of saw your post earlier. I know your leaving here in a couple days but i was wondering if you found any good places to climb. I moved here (st. Andrews) in May and i've been so busy that i havent been able to get out. Any suggestions on locations or if your up for a coffee sometime let me know.

Heidi
Heidi

Re: looking for partner(s) in St. Andrews area

Postby GavinS » Sun Sep 22, 2013 12:33 am

I'm free Thursday and Friday if anyone is climbing. I have a rope, qd's and sufficient trad gear. Weather should be good if anyone is interested!
GavinS

Return to New Brunswick