Back from the Cirque

Home of Welsford's Cochrane Lane Cliffs.

Moderators: PeterA, chossmonkey, Stacey, Dom, granite_grrl, Greg, Joe

Back from the Cirque

Postby Ulysse » Sat Aug 06, 2005 5:11 pm

Just wanted to say hi to the group back home. Just got back into Banff form the Cirque of the Unclimables. The weather was not working with us, it rained on all but 2 days up there. That gave the chance for our group to put up a new line on terrace tower called Brents hammer at
D+ 11b-c. What I belive to the the 3rd free ascent of club international, ED1 11b on Bustle tower and the standard SE face of Lotus Flower tower, TD+, 10+. Out of all the climbers to visit the cirque this year only 8 people have stood on one or more of the spires in the area to date, hope other parties have better weather than we did.

The climbing was incredible, LFT was one of the best lines i've ever done. From here Im going up to the Bugaboos for a week or so in hopes of some more alpine granite climbing. the north howser tower is the line of choice.

P.S. will post some pictures on http://www.x-img.com when I have a chance
Take care everyone Ulysse Richard
Ulysse

Postby martha » Sat Aug 06, 2005 9:01 pm

Glad to hear you are back safe and sound.

Climb safe in the Bugs. Keep us posted on your adventures!!

Cara
The phrase "working mother" is redundant. ~Jane Sellman

If a husband speaks in the woods, and his wife is not there to hear him...is he still wrong?
martha

Postby Ulysse » Sat Aug 13, 2005 10:05 pm

Just got back from the bugs. It was a real good trip, the best climbing was the Watchtower on the North Howser tower. We climbed the route ED2 36pitch 5.12 (with 350m of 11+) in 14.5 hours. By far the best corner crack climbing i've ever done and probably one of the best hard alpine routes in Canada. Hope your all having a good summer. Hope all is well and take care....
Ulysse

Postby Fred » Sat Aug 13, 2005 11:11 pm

Nice work dude. Crazy.
I want to go to hell... there's probably lots of rock to climb there.
Fred
Site Admin

Postby Ulysse » Sun Aug 14, 2005 7:11 pm

Posted some pics on http://www.x-img.com , hope you guys like em
Ulysse

Return to New Brunswick