Climbing Self Rescue Session

Home of Welsford's Cochrane Lane Cliffs.

Moderators: PeterA, chossmonkey, Stacey, Dom, granite_grrl, Greg, Joe

Postby Greg » Wed Oct 29, 2014 7:00 pm

I am scheduling a climbing self rescue session on November 22. There is no charge for this but donations to the BMHS Climbing Club would be appreciated. Here is a brief description of the course. Message me if you would like more info or would like to come.

Where: Bernice MacNaughton High School Climbing Gym

When: November 22 from 12 pm to 5 pm

Skills/Techniques Covered: Knots for rescue, belay escape, lowers, passing a knot, haul systems, ascend a fixed line, tandem and counterbalance rapell.

Participants should bring shoes, harness, belay device, up to 4 locking carabiners, two shoulder length sewn slings, personal prussic cord, nut tool and rescue cord. I have some rescue cord that I can loan out as well.
Greg

Re: Self Rescue Session

Postby cory » Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:00 pm

You read about this stuff, and maybe took a course, but could you do it in an emergency situation? Quickly? Without guidance? What about with one injured hand? It's always a good idea to practice this stuff. Take advantage of this opportunity! In the unlikely event you don't learn anything new, it will still be a great environment to practice.
cory

Re: Self Rescue Session

Postby Greg » Mon Nov 03, 2014 9:33 am

I just edited the date and time of the next session. It will run on Saturday, Nov. 22 not Friday. There are still a couple of spots available.
Greg

Re: Climbing Self Rescue Session

Postby Greg » Tue Nov 04, 2014 9:53 am

The November 22 session is now full but if there is more interest I would be happy to do another in December.
Greg

Return to New Brunswick