Ice Climbing Partner

Home of Welsford's Cochrane Lane Cliffs.

Moderators: PeterA, chossmonkey, Stacey, Dom, granite_grrl, Greg, Joe

Ice Climbing Partner

Postby bbell » Mon Nov 24, 2014 9:26 am

Lets throw this out there.

I'm new to NB, don't know anyone who climbs ice, would like to find some people to get out with regularly. I climbed mostly WI 4 last winter, will follow on screws (if you promise you made me a good anchor), would be interested in learning how to lead. Just want to get out and enjoy winter. I have wheels and all gear besides screws. I'll even set a top rope and lend you my tools if you show me where to go..

I know it a bit early but looks like the ice is starting to form up quickly. Need to get out and get back in shape before the good stuff gets here! Keep me in mind if you plan on heading out. Am usually available last minute too.
bbell

Re: Ice Climbing Partner

Postby PeterA » Mon Nov 24, 2014 5:09 pm

Where are you located in NB? There's fairly good crews in both Fredericton and Saint John

-PJ
PeterA

Postby bbell » Tue Nov 25, 2014 10:50 am

I'm in the Fredericton area. I thought the majority of ice and rock was around Welsford anyway though?
bbell

Postby theriault » Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:38 am

bbell wrote: I thought the majority of ice and rock was around Welsford anyway though?

not at all, the ice is mostly concentrated in the Sussex/Bay of Fundy area... The welsford valley does have some, but not a lot.
Marty
theriault

Postby jononb » Wed Dec 31, 2014 5:07 pm

I do a bunch of ice climbing around Saint John and welsford , my cell is 645 7459 if your interested in comming climbing
jononb

Return to New Brunswick