Icefest 2015

Home of Welsford's Cochrane Lane Cliffs.

Moderators: PeterA, chossmonkey, Stacey, Dom, granite_grrl, Greg, Joe

Icefest 2015

Postby Joe » Fri Jan 16, 2015 3:00 pm

We will hold the 2015 Icefest on Saturday Feb 14 at Ministers Face. As usual we will climb all day and party afterwards at Steve Adamson's house. Please bring food and a slideshow to be shared with everyone.
Steve reports that the river has trucks running up it now, and that Minister's Face looks good. Hopefully these conditions will last for a few more weeks. If conditions change, this thread will be updated. If you need directions, please ask, or search the older threads.
Joe

Re: Icefest 2015

Postby STeveA » Wed Feb 11, 2015 3:54 pm

The river is solid and there is a lot of ice on Long Island. However, there is a slush layer beneath the surface on the river so snow shoes are a good idea. Skis will work if you have the right wax.
You are, therefore I am. That is the question....
STeveA

Re: Icefest 2015

Postby Joe » Mon Feb 16, 2015 9:58 am

It was a cold day for Icefest, but about 20 hardy climbers stayed for the whole day. The ice was in good condition, hard but not too fragile. The right (British) Curtain was as fat as I've ever seen it. Afterwards, lots of good food helped to warm us up during several slideshows. Thanks to all who attended.

I losted one black MEC fleece glove. I expect it fell out of my bag at the icefall. If anyone happens to have picked it up, please let me know.
Joe

Return to New Brunswick