Mcquirks report

Home of Welsford's Cochrane Lane Cliffs.

Moderators: PeterA, chossmonkey, Stacey, Dom, granite_grrl, Greg, Joe

Mcquirks report

Postby GregKelly » Thu Jul 02, 2015 11:04 pm

Went to Mcquirks on Wednesday. Bugs were a 3 max. 6 on the hike in though. If you are heading there bring a brush. The rain dropped a tonne of debris. Some ledges that were clean this spring had inches of dirt on them and some great gear placements were filled with gunk. Just a heads up. The worst that we saw was the first pitch of Magic X. I scrubbed it on the way down. That being said the brush that was left at the belay is now at the magic x tree.

It appears as though someone spread grass seed in one spot at the base. Good thinking.
GregKelly

Re: Mcquirks report

Postby Greg » Fri Jul 31, 2015 4:03 am

GregKelly wrote:Went to Mcquirks on Wednesday. Bugs were a 3 max. 6 on the hike in though. If you are heading there bring a brush. The rain dropped a tonne of debris. Some ledges that were clean this spring had inches of dirt on them and some great gear placements were filled with gunk. Just a heads up. The worst that we saw was the first pitch of Magic X. I scrubbed it on the way down. That being said the brush that was left at the belay is now at the magic x tree.

It appears as though someone spread grass seed in one spot at the base. Good thinking.

Yeah that's my fault. I did some major cleaning of the ledge above Salad Fingers in June and rained dirt on everything below. My apologies. I tried to get it cleaned up before I went away but ran out of time. I will be back next week and will have it fixed up soon after. Glad to hear the grass seed took :)
Greg

Postby theriault » Fri Jul 31, 2015 11:50 am

Good idea on the grass seeds! we shoud think about planting some on the platform we built a few years back at the base of Lower Dawn Wall! might help to reinforce it !
Marty
theriault

Postby Greg » Tue Aug 18, 2015 8:02 am

Greg wrote:
GregKelly wrote:Went to Mcquirks on Wednesday. Bugs were a 3 max. 6 on the hike in though. If you are heading there bring a brush. The rain dropped a tonne of debris. Some ledges that were clean this spring had inches of dirt on them and some great gear placements were filled with gunk. Just a heads up. The worst that we saw was the first pitch of Magic X. I scrubbed it on the way down. That being said the brush that was left at the belay is now at the magic x tree.

Yeah that's my fault. I did some major cleaning of the ledge above Salad Fingers in June and rained dirt on everything below. My apologies. I tried to get it cleaned up before I went away but ran out of time. I will be back next week and will have it fixed up soon after. Glad to hear the grass seed took :)

The X Wall is now about as clean as it has ever been. Take a run up Magic X now Greg :)
Greg

Return to New Brunswick